N/A Ka24E Build

VintageRice

I had no idea my head may be a truck head. If it is I'm going to be seriously irritated!! Whats the diff between the truck head and the car head? I diff cam I assume but are the port sizes the same?

Can anyone confirm how to tell if its a truck or car head?!?!?! Datzenmike Where you at?@!!?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/ka24de-made-in-mexico-t161643.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from that thread:

"Oh and btw, The most power naturally aspirated ka24's ever created use blocks/heads that are "hecho in mexico". I dont know if you noticed but you are in a naturally aspirated ka24 forum, you probably dont have much else to add to this particular discussion, I think i cleared everything up."

Sounds good to me !!

• 2 months later...

Inline holley RED pump with a holley FPR.

I just plugged the dizzy in the hole. Made a mount wherever it looked eziest. Tapped a hole in the blcok where the dizzy mount hole sat. You can drop the oil pump and stab the drive shaft back in where ever so you get close to TDC on one of the plug wires. Then just go counter clockwise with the firing order after that. It's really ez with no ecu. you can do whatever you want to make it work. The car doesn't care. :)

• 2 months later...

If you can afford getting an intake professionally built do it. It's hard to build. Other than that not really. It's cool. Original. Fun. And pretty fast. I don't daily drive it so working out bugs is fine. Yours a Daily driver?? I think i woulda gone crazy from the idle/decel popping by now but that just an issue I haven't figured out yet. Once set I think the carbs are pretty set it and forget it.

If you can get the factory r1 rubber boots get them. The rubber couplers I use have been kindof a pain but o well.

Very good to hear! No mine is a toy along with my Suzuki Samurai rockcrawler.

I love a challenge in fabrication, I actually just picked up my very own Millermatic 220v welder with an aluminum spool gun. I've build other setups for propane injection. Always had to get someone else to weld it up. I also thrive on being able to say I did EVERYTHING in my own garage and I mean everything except engine machine work. For that I go to my engine builder and help him.

I've been researching megasquirt for doing R1 tbis and coil on plug form a LS1. Figured I could do that on an E or DE motor.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,

Andrew