N/A Ka24E Build

VintageRice

I have been wanting to do the same thing. Some things I have found. the KA24e head has the mount for a mechanical fuel pump from the L motors. The cam lobe that pushes the pump can be unbolted from the L cam and installed on to the KA cam, you will need a 3psi reg. As far as intake manifold goes, I haven't desided if it would be better to build an adaptor onto the lower hald of the manifold and not have to worry about the coolant passage, or build from the head. As far as air flow it looks like an R1 1liter at 14000 rpm should be about the same flow as a 2.4 KA at 5800 rpm? I hope there would be room to push higher. Good luck on your build. Please post updates, I need moto-vation :D .

Does anyone have more info on converting the ka24e to use a l-motor mechanical fuel pump? I like this idea for its cheap/reliability factor.

:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Picked up the fuel pump love of a l16 at pick-n-pull today. Compared it to my ka24e cam and it's the wrong diameter and threads on the bolt. So unless there's a diff one or can make a little spacer bushing I don't see how this will work.

Kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here. Don't make me start another thread on this subject!!!

:D. Anyone tried this?????????????? Hello ????????

Might try to search for a fuel pump from Mexico?

Why can't you put the lobe from the L-series on the KA cam? You don't use the L-series bolt. You just take the bolt off, slide the lobe on, and put the bolt back in.

And I'd bet cash money no one has tried this. :P

You can buy a good electric pump for $40. Putting the L-series pump on sounds like $60 worth of hassle to save $40. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Put the rotating assembly and timing set together today!! Getting closer!!

Honing

build1.jpg

build2.jpg

Crank Bearings

build4.jpg

build3.jpg

Rings

build6.jpg

Scary Andrew

build7.jpg

Piston time! Delicious!

build5.jpg

Tappy Tappy, tap tap a lappy

build8.jpg

What the He!! did you do with the.........oh here it is.

build9.jpg

The Aftermath

build10.jpg

Important stuff done......more to come

build11.jpg

When rebuilding MY DATSUN engine budget is king. :)

The head was fine. He replaced 4 bent valves and all the seals. Then surfaced it. I got a SMOKING deal. Just payed for parts. (THANKS JOBY) so I'm ok with cleaning the outside myself.

I knew I shoulda cleaned and painted it BEFORE I posted pics. Lol o well........

:D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

im slow... so bare with me..

So u are using the match box dizzy from the lserie.. for example l18 and oil pump..

and by doing this u got rid of the wiring headache technically.. right? u just need. power to the distributor as in a l series?

and by using the r1 carbs,.. are you gonna use a management like mega squirt? or just add gas,, and tune? lol

im slow... so bare with me..

So u are using the match box dizzy from the lserie.. for example l18 and oil pump..

and by doing this u got rid of the wiring headache technically.. right? u just need. power to the distributor as in a l series?

and by using the r1 carbs,.. are you gonna use a management like mega squirt? or just add gas,, and tune? lol

*facepalm*

I'm sorry...... Don't want to be mean or rude but.........omg........someone else help this man.

It's got the "Hecho en Mexico" stamp on it. That's usually only on truck heads? All the car heads I've seen don't have it.

I had no idea my head may be a truck head. If it is I'm going to be seriously irritated!! Whats the diff between the truck head and the car head? I diff cam I assume but are the port sizes the same?

Can anyone confirm how to tell if its a truck or car head?!?!?! Datzenmike Where you at?@!!?

I had no idea my head may be a truck head. If it is I'm going to be seriously irritated!! Whats the diff between the truck head and the car head? I diff cam I assume but are the port sizes the same?

Basically, that. Slightly different cam, same ports, and what country it was cast in. Truck heads are made in Mexico, and I believe the car head is only made in Japan. Some of the racers I know refuse to use the truck heads, claiming the Mexican castings are inferior. Doubt it makes a difference on a street car though.

Can anyone confirm how to tell if its a truck or car head?!?!?!

Truck or not, it's Mexican. Or it wouldn't have the mark on it.