ka for my 620

I've had enough! I want a ka for my 620! I don't have much, but I will pay a small sum for a complete motor with wiring harness. I'm going to put my L20 up for sale. Someone please help a brother out, Jeff's been keeping an eye out for me, and most of the people on craigslist want way too much for them.

Maybe a part. trade for some fab work?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want a truck Ka though as they are made in mexico and are better blocks...there has been some discussion on it, either here or the NWDE board...

also some (89-90's single cam) have timing chain slack issues if I remember right...wear thru the cover and such...

I have been reading alot on them and have been keeping my eye out for one as well...but has to be very cheap!

Yeah Paul, that's where I'm at, everybody seems to want $300-600 for one. I just can't swing that. I'd love to part out my '97 and use the motor from that, but the wife helped pay for that truck and she says "hell no!"

I picked up a entire 240sx with 220000km's for my project over the next winter. It was kinda pricey $400, but, it runs and drives and doesn't emit funny smoke or anything. Keep your eyes open and you'll get something sooner than later..... I've gotta store the bloody thing for a year now though!

Yeah Paul, that's where I'm at, everybody seems to want $300-600 for one. I just can't swing that. I'd love to part out my '97 and use the motor from that, but the wife helped pay for that truck and she says "hell no!"

Just be careful so you don't get in an accident...rear-enders are frame damaging!:rolleyes:

you can use a 240 ka but for ease of install i would go with the truck version. I had to do some questionably ghetto things to make my 240 ka work. Like cut the front of the oiil pan(truck pan) and bolt it on so the main bearing girdle would push down on the cut section. Then i welded it back close so it wouldnt bukake all over the place, lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.