6 to 5 lug adapters w/ 15" supremes...

ok party people. this is an idea i am flirting with when the truck gets built and is in a decent running condition. i have checked into mklotz70's threads and some other ratsuners opinons and i wanted to see if i got the information correct, the spacers are the right size for conversion, and to see if anyone has opinions (pro or con for this request). i will be using mklotz70's disc brake conversion so i would like to know if it works with that to.

this idea is in its idea phase so i am up for constructive criticism. since datsuns are 6 lug, i would like to convert to 5 lug so i can put these supremes on. i did enough research to assume i am close to what i need to look for but i could still use a little more help.

i have no air bags, stock suspension, lowering blocks in the back, and rear drum brakes.

this is what i want it to look like when done, hopefully. not a 320 but you get the idea:

InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg

this is what homework i found out so far:

15" ASTRO SUPREME WHEELS CHROME 5x114.3 5x4.5 > EBAY at $395 <

KGrHqYOKkQE25JEYKgBN4ZNsvpug_35.jpg

KGrHqMOKiUE3GS6E42QBN4ZNtN0Dg_14.jpg

6-LUG TO 5-LUG ADAPTERS: 6 X 5.00 to 5 X 114.3Wheel Adapter > A-DAPT-IT USA 99.75ea ($399) <

adapter2.jpg

any help?

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as though the offset of the wheels will be the determining factor in this equation.

I see no reason why klotz' brake kit will not work.

that is so true. thats why i tried to best mach the rim offset with the spacer offset. i just matched the #'s and thats why i started this thread because i am sure i missed something or other.

Well, the 520 you showed above...theres a good chance that he didn't use spacers, he's sitting on bags, and that that is either a toyota clip or toyota hubs...

With the spacers, you're probably sitting pretty wide.

But without knowing offset of wheels, who knows.

You also realize that you posted a pic of a 5 to 5 lug adapter?

Just make sure you're getting the right parts.

And Datsun lug pattern is 6x5.5 or 6x139.7. Not 6x5.0, as you listed

$800 bucks so far seems like a huge leap if it doesn't work out.

convert to toyota 5 lug i ran adapters before and you always wonder are they going to come loose !

Adapters are shady...

and expensive.

I looked right after you posted, and you can get sets for $150.

Last tire shop I worked for sold single adapters for $45.

oh i am sure i can get a better price on the adapters.... those are just initial research pics..... yeah, the pattern is a stock pic but i just threw out there what they had.

however, the wheel size is about the same as the datsun steelies. i think theyre 14x5 for mine...with the spacers, im sure that'd change a lot

as far as adapters go, i get them, and can understand how to put them on relatively simple, i assume. as far as integrity, i know people arent fans of adapters but with enough locktite i assume it'd be okay.

as far as toyota 5 lug swap, i havent found enough people or information to do it. i am not a machinist nor have a solid contact that'd say they would do it for the right price. not to say in los angeles that there are not a lot of resources or fabricators that can do it but i just dont know who to talk to

as a side note: the pic was from a japanese car show. the truck is a right hand drive. there is also a nl320 that is a left hand in japan with a 5 lug swap or adapters and they're sporting the mooneyes rims:

3U2V265120copy.jpg

• Like 1

as far as toyota 5 lug swap, i havent found enough people or information to do it. i am not a machinist nor have a solid contact that'd say they would do it for the right price. not to say in los angeles that there are not a lot of resources or fabricators that can do it but i just dont know who to talk to

The only reason klotz put his version of that away was that he was doing it for free.

Talk with him, see what the cost would be, and if you can pay for that initial set.

If any one is gonna do it right, it is gonna be him.

Just read any of his threads. He geeks out on that stuff.

And won't stop until it is right.

And if he produces the quality he does for free...

pay the man, and see what happens!

The only reason klotz put his version of that away was that he was doing it for free.

Talk with him, see what the cost would be, and if you can pay for that initial set.

If any one is gonna do it right, it is gonna be him.

Just read any of his threads. He geeks out on that stuff.

And won't stop until it is right.

And if he produces the quality he does for free...

pay the man, and see what happens!

you speak truth. ;)

i know people arent fans of adapters but with enough locktite i assume it'd be okay.

Holy hell, burrito... NO. There is no reason loctite should be used ANYWHERE near wheel lugs.

as far as adapters go, i get them, and can understand how to put them on relatively simple, i assume. as far as integrity, i know people arent fans of adapters but with enough locktite i assume it'd be okay.

I've run them on at least 6 of my Datsuns, and I ain't easy on none of 'em. :P

Installed correctly, they will be just fine. :cool:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if it were me i would convert the front clip to a yota or run a hardbody spindle and have it machined to accecpt the rear race. and then i would run a 2wd yota rear axle. if you found a 2wd toyota that was totaled out from rear end collision you would be set.  the frame clip is easy JUST TAKE YOUR TIME 

• 1 month later...