WHAT THE Hell.

gingg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for fake,,What exactly is the guy raking?? Theres no god damn hay for miles And whats up with the lobster claw on the Datsun driver? part sleestack? and most of all what in the hell are they getting ready to milk? I shudder to think about it..

• Like 2

My vote is for fake,,What exactly is the guy raking?? Theres no god damn hay for miles And whats up with the lobster claw on the Datsun driver? part sleestack? and most of all what in the hell are they getting ready to milk? I shudder to think about it..

I lol'd rather well

• Like 1

X2 Lolz! Sleestacks, Beware the altrusian!

The very reasons you claim it fake is exactly what makes this pic appear real~ as most pro photog's know little of anything about real life beyond their F-stops, and will prop a scene w/whatever's lyin about~ They have gotten better in recent years tho....

Look up the painting 'American Gothic'. They are posing for it for fun. Also check out the bell bottoms and his stash. This is pure '70s. My vote is for NZ or Oz.

This is My fourdoor, as purchased.

dat2763.jpg

It is all torn apart now, being fully restored to it's orange color. Notice the short bed and fuel filler location, which has a recess in the rear of the cab for the hose. These trucks were built on a stock longbed frame. This one is a 1973. I have never found production numbers. They were never allowed into the US. This truck came up from Mexico.

A few of You remember it like this:

duallydavis1.jpg

I did NOT cut up this cab to make My convertable dually. I also did not cut up the fourdoor frame. This view shows 2 other frames that were welded together.

Going way back into the 60s, fourdoors were being built in Japan. None ever came over here. Here is a Toyota Stout that a guy in Japan chopped. This truck predates My 1973 by at least 5 or 6 years.

Cal35pg62.jpg

And check this out:

Cal19pg138.jpg

Both of these views are from the Japanese publication Cal Magazine.

• 2 weeks later...