Engine Question w/ pics

daverino

5849087377_6a447c97be.jpg5849088853_cb03145337_z.jpg5849086199_ed1f19c236_z.jpg

Hey guys. So my car went to a mechanic yesterday and has been runnin a lil funny since. There was a loose hose and I heard a sucking sound coming from that adapter that has three hoses attached to it out of the hole where there was no hose (beavis and butthead would have a field day with that last sentence). I assumed it to attach the loose hose that was connected to the cap should go to the adapter. Its kinda hard to explain but now there is a lul in the rpms when accelerating with first gear. I'm jus starting to figure this thing out and any advice on whether or not this looks right would be great. I would take it to the mechanic but they're closed on Sundays and I want to figure stuff like this out with the help of you guys instead!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the mechanic removed the air filter he accidentally pulled the hose off. You can remove it without doing this.

If I remember correctly there is a hose (small) from the intake going to a Y shaped metal tube clipped to the under side of the air filter. One hose goes to the carbon canister (beside the rad on driver's side) the other goes to a fitting on the under side of the air filter. There is a second fitting besid this one with a hose going to the snorkel on the air filter housing. This thing...

5849088853_cb03145337_z.jpg