1973 Datsun 240Z for sale or trade

Your looking at a very clean and solid 240Z. I have had the car a little over a year. It's a clean title 240Z. This Z has 95k original miles. I'm the 3rd owner and I have a nice stack of receipts dating back to 81. There has been tons of money was spent and work done on this car. So I'm going to be brief with the items list.

1. Matching #'s 95k L24 engine

2. Recently rebuilt 82-83 280zx 5sp tranny. I just had it rebuilt a few months ago. Had a new clutch and pressure plate put in. Also had the fly wheel resurfaced. Clutch was built by southland clutch in national city. 1100.00 for everything

3.Just had the locks re-keyed. Now I have one key that opens everything 365.00

4.Polished 82-83 280zx turbo wheels with newer tires.

5. Brand new mastercylinder, brake booster and brake booster check valve. Also had the radiator hoses replaced and a new battery put in.

6. Had all the vapor tank hose replaced aswell as the filler neck. These hoses go from the gas tank to a metal vent tank inside the car.

7. Brand new exhaust system from the headers back,with a Magna flow muffler.

8. The car has a crane electronic ignition.

9. Eibach springs but stock struts.

10. Brand new alternator and regulator.

11. Car has A/C but doesn't blow that cold. May need to be recharged.

12. New Hawk brake pads up front.

The list goes on and on. The car runs great and handles pretty good. The only cons it has it will probably need a repaint. Has a couple of areas that need attention.The dash is cracked aswell as the cover. But very cheap to fix with a replacement cover. Don't waste my time and NO SCAMMERS! Car is located in North San Diego county. Price is 7800.00 obo Give me a call if your interested. 619-890-0553.Thanks

P.S. Let me know if pictures are viewable. I can send/ Text more if you like. Plus I have a ton of really nice parts that the buyer will have first dibs on. Parts are not included in the price and will be sold after purchase of the car.

1. 15 inch Panasport wheels

2. full lower valance plus an extra center piece

3. brand new polyeurothane bushing kit.

4. Set of taillights in decent condition.

I'm sure i'm forgetting some stuff. That's it for now, thanks for looking.

Mike

Youtube video

IMGP0773.jpg

IMGP0783.jpg

IMGP0780.jpg

IMGP0781.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my dream Z but just lost patience with it. I've come to relize that with my minimal mechanical skills. It's best that I get something newer.

theres really nothing crazy hard on a stock 240z

shouldnt sell it just for that when you can get help from ratsuners or sharpen your skills

I here you skib but this car is my Eleanor. Been through hell and back with these ladies. I'm very sensitive to the exhaust and fuel smells these cars put out. Changed hoses ran smoke machines. You name it, it's been done. Some people drive it and say " it's not bad". So as much as I love the car and I DO! It has to go. I'd still like to get a 510. I would like something I can race and still throw my kids in the back. But we'll see. If it doesn't sell than I'll just keep it. It looks bitchen sitting in my garage.

Thanks Hellamikey i'll take that into consideration. I've had about 9 240's, so i have a little experience with this. Only thing to do would be a complete tear down and rebuild. It's tough to pin point were it's coming from. It sucks because this is a sweet car. If it sell the new owner would be getting a very good deal on a very clean 240.

LOL! I know they did in the old days. But not to kosher now. Well if I can recruit some help making this car less of a headache i'll keep it. I'm in the north san diego area. So if anyone out there knows these cars really well, hit me up.

LOL! I know they did in the old days. But not to kosher now. Well if I can recruit some help making this car less of a headache i'll keep it. I'm in the north san diego area. So if anyone out there knows these cars really well, hit me up.

Besides the lack of rear seats and the fumes...what's causing the headaches? I think the sticker price on parts for G35's and 350Z's is a headache itself :lol:

Yeah but atleast I won't have to worry about my son sounding like he has a smokers cough. Also smelling like an exhaust pipe would be a thing of the past. I'm verring towards keeping it. Would have really loved to have a 510. The market isn't really good for selling Z's right now. well unless I sell it cheap. That won't happen with this one.

DTP LOL!!!! I actually road with a mask to MSA but didn't wear it. To skib glad you informed me of that. I know there are Z's out there that don't stink. Just gotta put the time in and get it right i guess. Thanks for the comical responses and feed back guys. Really loving this site you Guys ROCK!

You cant throw your kids back there?:lol:

I grew up riding around in the hatch of a 260. 'aint so bad. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.