first year

Kramer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I always thought April '72. I can't find parts listed or build dates before that date.

Anyway, always go by the build date on the door plate for parts. Registration back then sometimes reflected the year it was purchased.

The earliest 1972 620 that We have found was built in June. It belongs to Guy Gray. I had purchased it and sold it to Him a few years back. The one outstanding identifying factor is the very early trucks had door closer plastic handles inside, NOT armrests. There is also a difference in the carburetor. I only know of 4 620s that have door closers. One was up the street from where Mark lived in San Diego, one is in Dolan Springs AZ, one is the one Guy Gray has and another is owned by another Ratsun member. A while back, We listed the VIN numbers on another thread and if I recall correctly, the one Guy Gray has was the lowest. Quite possibly it was one of the first 620s sold in the US. It had Indio Datsun license plate frames, which I still have.