Mazda Wiper Motor Conversion

albyneau

Has anyone attempted this conversion on a 521~ or will I be the first?

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/mazdawiperswap.shtml

I got caught in the rain for the first time the other day, and had to point the truck in the direction of the last-known clear position on the roadway~ waiting for the wiper to come back by and give me another glimpse into the near future! I need to USE my truck~ it's not a toy! Any other fixes/ideas out there?

Scott

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another option is a higher output alternator. I know it's not a direct fix for the wipers but it also speeds up the heater fan and turn signals when idling with a heavy draw like the headlights on at the same time. Clean and tighten the ground strap between the neg. terminal and the body sheet metal, or make a better one.

i just put a 620 wiper motor on my wagon just swapped the arm over and done. it faces the opposite direction but who cares? 620 wiper motors are nice cause their inside the truck away from the elements

Well judging by the weather (not the weatherman), I've got a reprieve till Autumn.... gives me time to play with it a bit.

yeah I would like to do something better in my dime

Jesus------ would you say the 620 motor works better than teh 510 motor? have you ever used the mazada swap?

My orange 71 510 wagon had the mazda wiper conversion. worked great.

did it work faster than the 510 one, I'm assuming that it did but I guess still gotta ask........

did it work faster than the 510 one, I'm assuming that it did but I guess still gotta ask........

My 510 wiper motor had 2 speeds, slow and stop. The mazda wiper motor in low speed was faster then any 510 wiper motor I ever had in high speed. The mazda in high speed is super fast.

Sweet thanks,it looks like I will be doing this swap then

Drifting (pun intended) from the gist of this thread~ I gotta say I love the stance of your sedan! I've been a proponent and addict of lateral G's since before most knew what that even meant. There's a mountain nearby where I've had the honor of blowing off the fastest of the fast! Not because I had superior horsepower, or even bottomless-pocket handling~ but because I knew the road better'n the other guy! I beat one dude over *my mountain* once; shaming his Vette with my '82 60-sumthin HP Isuzu I-mark 4-door sedan! There is no greater glory than to punish the HP endowed with a taste of God-given talent.

Your car is sweet~ and I hope to meet it- and you- in real life some day....

Scott

Drifting (pun intended) from the gist of this thread~ I gotta say I love the stance of your sedan! I've been a proponent and addict of lateral G's since before most knew what that even meant. There's a mountain nearby where I've had the honor of blowing off the fastest of the fast! Not because I had superior horsepower, or even bottomless-pocket handling~ but because I knew the road better'n the other guy! I beat one dude over *my mountain* once; shaming his Vette with my '82 60-sumthin HP Isuzu I-mark 4-door sedan! There is no greater glory than to punish the HP endowed with a taste of God-given talent.

Your car is sweet~ and I hope to meet it- and you- in real life some day....

Scott

Thanks, its actually the car I was trying to sell a lil bit ago but no one was really serious on buying so I decided to finish it and drive the piss out of it.......it has a KA single slammer in it right now but later this year it might be a SR20DET and then let the real fun begin haha

actually hanging out with The 510 Keeper(James) he wants like a few of us from this area to come down to his hood and hang out for a BBQ or something so maybe I might be coming towards north Cali

Thanks, its actually the car I was trying to sell a lil bit ago but no one was really serious on buying so I decided to finish it and drive the piss out of it.......it has a KA single slammer in it right now but later this year it might be a SR20DET and then let the real fun begin haha

actually hanging out with The 510 Keeper(James) he wants like a few of us from this area to come down to his hood and hang out for a BBQ or something so maybe I might be coming towards north Cali

Dude~ sounds like a plan! I'm just across the valley from James~ about 2+ hours west of Penn Valley. So LMK when/what's happening~ and I'll be Johnny on the spot!

Peace~

Scott