• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The prongs/spades look identical. Plug & play or will I need new harness & light switch?

They are basically plug and play, yes. 

They will work better, if you install relays and new power wires, then use the stock power wire to fire the relay.

Easiest way, just get one of these also: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERAMIC-H4-HEADLIGHT-RELAY-WIRING-HARNESS-2-HEADLAMP-LIGHT-BULB-SOCKET-PLUGS-7-/330997592807?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d10fe72e7&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Datsunfreak,

I was reading the info on the link you provided. It reads that I can even use HID bulbs on these housing. Have you plug in HID or are you using halogen (H4) lights?

It reads that I can even use HID bulbs on these housing. Have you plug in HID or are you using halogen (H4) lights?

My 1200 has the plug-and-play HID bulbs in it, but in the past I've just used H4 bulbs. 

I didn't really go HID on the 1200 for the "style" or the light output, but because they are the lowest amperage draw. My 1200 has a tiny 45amp alternator, so no flamethrower headlights for me...   ^_^

Based on my research of them, the plug-and-play "HID" lights are basically fluorescent bulbs. Fluorescent (or better yet, LED) headlights draw a lot less current, and don't run as high a temperature as incandescent bulbs. On my next build, I think I'm going to try LED lights, though...

FYI, these are the type that I'm running:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-KIT-Xenon-Headlight-H1-H3-H4-H7-H11-H13-9004-9006-9007-9005-9003-9145-XENTEC-/270407261624?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ef5875db8&vxp=mtr

Not very expensive, and are truly plug-and-play. Just need to mount the little "amplifier" box somewhere. And don't use the double-sided tape to mount it like the instructions say. That only lasts about a week.   :rofl:

Thanks DatsunFreak.

I wanted to know what other options i have if my light output arent bright enough. I ordered, received & plugged the new headlights. It wasnt bright enough for me (still cant see at night). But i havent had the chance to upgrade my wires yet. I did buy the wires you've provided on the link. Im just not certain how much brighter it would be w/ those upgraded wires & if i would be satisfied. 

I heard about those new LED lights. Not as bright as the HID but much better than the H4s & they only produce very little heat. They are also cheaper than HIDs from what I heard. I might try that instead.