610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picked up my 710 in California and drove it back to New York - it's nice to see another cross-country Datsun trip meet with success! (Plus, your trip was cross-continent. Even better!) Did it give you any trouble along the way?

I somehow once wound up with a bicycle that was made in Geelong... an Australian friend said that that town is known for making good pies.

hi all,

been on here for a while lurking, but time to start posting. Just picked up a datsun 180bsss

from geelong,victoria (australia) and drove back to western australia about 3500kms

Have been chasing one for a while now, so when i saw this one i

bit the bullet any brought it. Anyway some pics now of the car and some of the

journey.

I picked up my 710 in California and drove it back to New York - it's nice to see another cross-country Datsun trip meet with success! (Plus, your trip was cross-continent. Even better!) Did it give you any trouble along the way?

I somehow once wound up with a bicycle that was made in Geelong... an Australian friend said that that town is known for making good pies.

no problems at all on the way across, purred like a kitten. About the most interesting thing in geelong is the ford factory and museum (que backlash from geelong community). How far is california to new york?

Love the slots, so quiet and doesn't compete with the car.

No hood pins. I had them stock from the factory on my Dart and never liked them. After market ones were even worse. Don't put holes in your hood!

Hood pins were on the car when i bought it, also had oil cooler fitted and r31 skyline rear discs.

Now has subaru lsd diff fitted 4.4 ratio with billet stub axels and golf mk1 chin spoiler to be fitted.

Also just got my american tail-lights (the triple square ones) to be painted and fitted (a very big thanks to

dave if hes on this forum for sourcing and sending me them.)

Will put up more pics as being modded.

no problems at all on the way across, purred like a kitten. About the most interesting thing in geelong is the ford factory and museum (que backlash from geelong community). How far is california to new york?

By the time I was done driving, I'd traveled almost 4,000 miles (about 6,400km) - but I didn't go in a totally straight line. It would have been 3,000 miles if I took the shortest route possible, but the way I went let me visit some friends and eat some great fried chicken.

There are some pictures over here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/31440-so-i-found-the-710-of-my-dreams-time-for-a-cross-country-trip/

• 2 weeks later...

By the time I was done driving, I'd traveled almost 4,000 miles (about 6,400km) - but I didn't go in a totally straight line. It would have been 3,000 miles if I took the shortest route possible, but the way I went let me visit some friends and eat some great fried chicken.

There are some pictures over here:

http://community.rat...s-country-trip/

awsome stuff, lov'in the pic with the engine in the passengers side.

Nisman thats a fair trek :w00t: Glad to see you trusted the dato and it got you there! jealous though!

Its an awsome drive , i want to do it again, hmmm.. maybe some more dattos. That would be cool

yeah I've driven up the middle to Darwin but not over to the west, it would be awesome i agree.

anyway this is what i am aiming for with my 610.

610Vintage.jpg

but with 2 more doors

dobo, then you need to take a few pages from Zerows book. his sedan is the shit! he puts the ASS in Anal retentiveness when it comes to ideas and detail..

• Like 1

Now has subaru lsd diff fitted 4.4 ratio with billet stub axels and golf mk1 chin spoiler to be fitted.

Also just got my american tail-lights (the triple square ones) to be painted and fitted (a very big thanks to

dave if hes on this forum for sourcing and sending me them.)

Will put up more pics as being modded.

Nisman, that's a very clean and complete SSS you've got there - well worth your effort to take delivery! It's good to know that those tail-light bits are going on such a nice car. Looking forward to your progress pics.

dobo, then you need to take a few pages from Zerows book. his sedan is the shit! he puts the ASS in Anal retentiveness when it comes to ideas and detail..

My ideas and detail are on the anal retentive side, but the outcome was way worth it. The car has to go beyond build and become a labor of love, then the fun can really begin.

• 3 weeks later...

got an early model dash for 180bsss at last.

IMG_4216.jpg

think it has been used in a late model before as the wiring on the back is soldered on (see pic)

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

anyway will take to autoelecy to fit, hope it works.

Got all these parts, I need to pull my finger out and fit them all. icon_lol.gif

So, I'm tired of seeing the 610 rot everyday and not having time to take care of her. Gonna get rid of her, but putting it up here before it goes into the for sale thread.

'73 coupe, rough condition, motor is out, but I have all the pieces and then some. Had a lot of help from other members gathering pieces.

Numbers matching L18, ported L16 (possibly built, haven't taken it apart), dual SU's, two webers, stock carb, great condition clock, solex locks, pedals to convert to manual trans, flywheel, couple of different gasket sets (timing and head I think), electronic dizzy, cut performance springs, two sets of stock springs, new real wheel cylinders, new pads and shoes, new brake master, possibly more.

http://s467.photobuc...39/ser240z/610/

$1200 takes it all, bring your own wheels and something to tow it. If you want my wheels, black satin western minis with polished lips, just dirty, $1500. Price may be negotiable, maybe not. I'm just trying to get my money back and get her to a good home.

If you don't like my post here, maybe a mod can move it.

Thanks

Scott

• 3 weeks later...