610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

i've never been on a forum where guys went mental for 610's, so here we go with the creme de la creme:

Well, we do really enjoy our cars. And I have to say that we are somewhat "mental" to put out the kind of money that we do for our 610s.

Indeed , creme de la creme.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lovin the third one down makes me wanna keep the yellow on mine even more

Bonvo, I remember being 5 years old with my dad on a summer day. We went to the store came back out to the car and there were 17 (I counted them) yellow jackets on the car. Now, having been stung by a bee for the first time not long before that time, I was afraid. My dad said it was because of the yellow paint on the car. Now, flash forward 25 years. I hate yellow, and although my 610 was originally yellow (same car from my youth), I am going for blue. If it were a B210, I would reconsider.

Guest jaimesix
Of mine or others? :D

Mine...

102bob4.jpg

Two interesting "clues" on this photo... who can spot them?

102today2.jpg

P-chop...

102wheeltest.jpg

Before the 510 bumpers, bolt-on flares and 14x8s, it had 14x5.5 Libres...

102bob2.jpg

Nice. Are these 240Z flares??? I saw 240Z flares and I am thinking about getting a set. I love the black wheels, what kind are those??? size??

White car/black wheels...perfect match.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have been into 510's for about 10+years, and about 2 years ago I sold my 510 and bought a 74 2-door 610.

It was a complete bucket of crap sitting on the side of a guys house in some grass, but I saw potential. I did a restoration on the body, new paint, interior, upgraded brakes and suspension, wheels/tires etc. Kept the engine bay as it was (original blue), at revived the tired L20b. I drove it like that for about 6 months. Now the car is in the garage for the second stage of the resto-mod process.

Stage 2 is painted engine bay, '73 front end, and a S14 KA24DE, and some other tidbits.

I am about 80% done with the second stage of mods and plan on having it at the Datsun's Northwest Canby show in June. I just have to have the '73 fenders and valence painted and finish the fuel system and build an exhaust before it is back on the street.

I have been in touch with a lot of you "610" guys for parts and whatnot, thanks for all the help! Parts for these cars are non-existent (and I am not exaggerating).

Right after I dragged her home:

610lfrontnb7.jpg

dsc04707bs4.jpg

After Stage 1:

dsc01707smlpm3.jpg

Old engine:

dsc02872xg5.jpg

Sneak Peak of stage 2 progress, this was taken about 2 months ago, much has changed since then....

dsc04315smlsp4.jpg

You will have to wait for the real pictures until the Canby show!

• Like 2
Nice. Are these 240Z flares??? I saw 240Z flares and I am thinking about getting a set. I love the black wheels, what kind are those??? size??

Yes, they are 240ZG flares. You can get there here: Click!

The pre-flare wheels are 14x5.5 American Racing Libres. Post-flare wheels are 14x7 Bassett race wheels, available from any shop specializing in circle track parts for about $45 each. ;)

Here's where I got mine: Click!

Guest jaimesix
Jaime, is that Rick Ibaseta's old car?

Hi DatsunFreak.

This car has been in my hands since 2002. I bought from an old lady. She had it in very good shape, no rust at all, garage kept. I saw it when her granddaughter begun driving the car....so I do not see Rick Ibaseta anywhere around this 610.

I know one Rick, cool guy, ( I do not know his last name )

Are we talking about the same Rick? The Rick I know lives in LA, has a 4 door 610, a B210, a 210 and several other cool cars . I keep inviting him to Datsun events, but he is a busy guy....I will try to bring him to the next event.

BTW, thanks for the flare link. Those look very cool. Those might also work on my 710. I will definitely get a pair soon. Thanks for the wheel link too.

The offset on your wheels worked pretty good right? Your 610 is looking great.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Hey guys, I have been into 510's for about 10+years, and about 2 years ago I sold my 510 and bought a 74 2-door 610.

It was a complete bucket of crap sitting on the side of a guys house in some grass, but I saw potential. I did a restoration on the body, new paint, interior, upgraded brakes and suspension, wheels/tires etc. Kept the engine bay as it was (original blue), at revived the tired L20b. I drove it like that for about 6 months. Now the car is in the garage for the second stage of the resto-mod process.

Stage 2 is painted engine bay, '73 front end, and a S14 KA24DE, and some other tidbits.

I am about 80% done with the second stage of mods and plan on having it at the Datsun's Northwest Canby show in June. I just have to have the '73 fenders and valence painted and finish the fuel system and build an exhaust before it is back on the street.

I have been in touch with a lot of you "610" guys for parts and whatnot, thanks for all the help! Parts for these cars are non-existent (and I am not exaggerating).

Right after I dragged her home:

dsc04315smlsp4.jpg

Hey Aaron.

How is it going?? Good to see you around. Good to know you are making your 610 better and better.

I love that grille, that must have been a great find! I have not seen one like that at all around here.

I will try to make it to Canby....hopes.

Keep us posted.

Hi 510 + 100 = 610ers!!!!!!!!

New 610 on the block. :)

My 610 ( soon new pictures, new paint job and suspension/perf parts.);)

2328429_1_full.jpg

you're a rear bumper hater, looks like your old b210

Guest jaimesix
you're a rear bumper hater, looks like your old b210

You are right, but not entirely.

I do despise the "US version" 5mph bumpers. In the US we got shortchanged, due to the statute of the time ( 70's), which demanded that bumpers withstand a 5mph impact w/o any damage , for that matter several Datsuns came fitted with what I identify as " Park Bench " bumpers.:confused:

If you compare a Datsun B210 , 610 , 710 , 210 etc US version... to overseas vehicles,:eek: you could understand why I hold a grudge with those egregious bumpers.

Hideous and clumsy. Nissan/Datsun and other companies apparently were slammed with such requirement unsuspectingly, and it seems there was no other way to comply.

The result was complete defacing of the original lines. The only advantage I see in using those bumpers becomes apparent when you take the family to a pic nic at the park. The family can enjoy a delicious meal seating on those bumpers. Usefull.;)

Welcome Aaron! I have always admired your 610, and it has been a true source of inspiration for the restoration of my 4 door.

You are right, but not entirely.

I do despise the "US version" 5mph bumpers. In the US we got shortchanged, due to the statute of the time ( 70's), which demanded that bumpers withstand a 5mph impact w/o any damage , for that matter several Datsuns came fitted with what I identify as " Park Bench " bumpers.:confused:

If you compare a Datsun B210 , 610 , 710 , 210 etc US version... to overseas vehicles,:eek: you could understand why I hold a grudge with those egregious bumpers.

Hideous and clumsy. Nissan/Datsun and other companies apparently were slammed with such requirement unsuspectingly, and it seems there was no other way to comply.

The result was complete defacing of the original lines. The only advantage I see in using those bumpers becomes apparent when you take the family to a pic nic at the park. The family can enjoy a delicious meal seating on those bumpers. Usefull.;)

You certainly could have a large family dinner while sitting on those 'park bench' bumpers. I guess I am lucky - my 4 door is a '73, no hunting for replacement bumpers!

Hey Aaron.

How is it going?? Good to see you around. Good to know you are making your 610 better and better.

I love that grille, that must have been a great find! I have not seen one like that at all around here.

I will try to make it to Canby....hopes.

Keep us posted.

Hey Jaime, that grille came on a bone stock '73 610 2-door parts car I bought about a year ago. I didnt think it was anything special, I do like the look of it though.

i caught that to it looks like the sss grill i like it

The SSS grille would be on the front of the yellow car as posted by Burabuda. It requires the '74 and later fenders. I love my '73 grille too much to go and part with it, but compression's grille would be my alternative, if I could get my hands on one...:rolleyes:

how cool is this?

P5050001.jpg

time to get the 610 goons rollin' :D

It's only cool for the guy behind this car. That's taking it over the edge.

'Hey, could you change the channel, the Lakers game is on...?' :lol:

• Like 1