bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Do we know the tyre specs on rears ? We have useless selection in 14". Think 195/60/14 is widest available in normal road compound. Anything wider is either track use or low profile..

I was planning on same set up as above and don't want silly stretch tyres and ideally would like to avoid having to to roll the wheel arches. Tough ask I know !

yur dumb

the reason why the car looks so bomb is because of the fitment

it just looks good don't kid yourself

The only place you will find these parts is on another 610. So try wrecking yards, or back yards. When I'm out and about, I keep my eyes open for other Datsuns that are parked or abandoned.

Other 610 owners who are member here may also have some spare parts so place an ad in our CLASSIFIEDS here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  .... there is a handy link at the top of every page right under the RATSUN.NET logo. Buying or selling is not allowed on our forums to prevent cluttering. Our forums are for information sharing and discussion.

If you need enough parts, buying another 610 for all it's parts is also a good idea. Call it a parts car.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I just introduced myself over in General Discussion but I think this is the proper place. I have been a lurker for a couple years but just recently found a 610 on the East Coast. It was not easy, let me tell you. You all know already though. Anyway. You may have seen the CL ad in South Carolina, of this beauty...

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-datsundoor-very-rare/6437062266.html

I got her. She will soon be on the back of a truck to meet me outside of DC. She is in fairly good condition ALTHOUGH not quite as good as the pictures suggest.

There is a crumple on the rear quarter/fascia which led to some rust. Also, the driver floor pan is rusted through (2inch hole), and the door sill has a spot.

Once I figure out how to actually post pictures on here, so this system doesn't error me, I will include some additional pics.

Also I did not pay the asking price. I have a feeling that the sheet metal repair is going to cost well more than I saved, though. We will see.

Please let me know your opinions. Thanks!

There are some other bits of rust here and there, BUT this was too good a chance to pass up. I am willing to put some time and money into fabrication to fix her up.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a 610 that is getting cut up or have parts i am in need! thanks

I had to pick up a wag to use for parts for my 610 sedan.. I was real hard to find parts.. we have everything we need for the sedan & more! Stoked!

I had to pick up a wag to use for parts for my 610 sedan.. I was real hard to find parts.. we have everything we need for the sedan & more! Stoked!

do you happed to have other parts remaining from the sedan i will need the full trunk floor and a bunch of interior parts i see you are in CA any chance you want to send me over some pics of what you have left? thanks for your in advance 

do you happed to have other parts remaining from the sedan i will need the full trunk floor and a bunch of interior parts i see you are in CA any chance you want to send me over some pics of what you have left? thanks for your in advance

I’m fixing the sedan.. the wagon is for parts.. I’m using everything I can off the wagon.. should be a sweet project for my son.

My instagram is redrumlscarjunkie. You can check out the progress once we get started..

Greg

• 1 year later...

I guess I never posted my sedan here but here it is it's a 74 sedan with the 73 front end currently no paint (bought it this way), sitting on front custom coilovers, S13 camber plates, front roll center adjusters, custom QA1 rear coilovers, L16 (for now), 5 speed, electric fuel pump, 32/36 Weber carb etc.  Car was owned by awesome guy named Russell who he and his gf owned 2 610s his was the wagon for about 10 years and his gf was the sedan for about 8 years.  Engine swap might happen later on might do a KA24DE from my old 620 but future may do a CA18DET.  

BZ4vJjV.jpg

RDRaskG.jpg

3XNXNh9.jpg

Edited by ArchetypeDatsun
  • Like 4
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

Wanted to introduce myself and my newly acquired '74 610 coupe. I have been chasing this car and trying to convince it's owners to sell it to me for over a year and recently we agreed to a price. I am thrilled to finally have a 610 of my own and happy to be part of a community of like-minded crazies (you have to be to be a 610 fan, right?). Anyways, this car is stock, spare a custom header, weber carb, and electronic fuel pump. I put a fresh battery on it and was able to drive it home 5 miles. I was lucky to have ground one so close to home. Anyways, I am sure I will have some questions along the way and will definitely be on the hunt for some parts (mostly exterior). I am planning to do a VG30DE swap eventually, but enjoy it as it sits for the time being. I look forward to many interactions with you all over the foreseeable future. Additionally, I also have a '73 Datsun 1200 that is bone stock, even down to the Hitachi carb. I love driving my 1200 and 601 and hearing all the wonderful stories of people who had them back when they were newer. 

I will post pictures as soon as I can spend the time to create an online photo catalog (Ratsun.net needs to get with the time. This is 2020, not 2003). 

-Austin