610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

Well here is my 610. Said to be a 1974 but I have reason to believe it is a 1973. Currently I call it the "$h!+box" because well it's a piece of crap.

0429080923b.jpg

The interior is in pretty good shape except for the "gangsta cool low riding MR2 seats" the PO installed. I can barely see over the dash, and I'm 6'1".

The entire wiring system is messed up. The PO used a lot of speaker wire to re wire most of the car.

The dissy is in backwards so I can not adjust the timing on the L18. And the rear air ride suspension does not work at all.

Welcome to Ratsun! nbesheer, Are you from Riverside, or nearby?? That car looks waaaaay too familiar. Is that the one one that was for sale on Craigslist? I had already bought my parts car and this one came up. If you need some help, hit me up, I'm local to you (that is, if you are in SoCal, Riverside). And if the wire harness needs work, I have one that I am not using. Hit me up here or PM me sideline with a phone number. Once again, Welcome!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well here is my 610. Said to be a 1974 but I have reason to believe it is a 1973. Currently I call it the "$h!+box" because well it's a piece of crap.

0429080923b.jpg

The interior is in pretty good shape except for the "gangsta cool low riding MR2 seats" the PO installed. I can barely see over the dash, and I'm 6'1".

The entire wiring system is messed up. The PO used a lot of speaker wire to re wire most of the car.

The dissy is in backwards so I can not adjust the timing on the L18. And the rear air ride suspension does not work at all.

looks cool to me man i like it wiring isnt to hard it can be redone hang on to it and ditch the air ride for some coil overs i like it though im kinda jelous i like how it sits even the ugly ass park bench bumpers dont look half bad

looks cool to me man i like it wiring isnt to hard it can be redone hang on to it and ditch the air ride for some coil overs i like it though im kinda jelous i like how it sits even the ugly ass park bench bumpers dont look half bad

lol the ugly ass park bench bumpers never bothered me like some people

i grew up with them. had many datsuns with them. raised a family with them, etc. :D

my only beef with them really is there heavy very heavy and they dont look as good but they do there job throw them on a destruction derby car :D

yep. have them and you can drive around town without issues. park in the walmart parking lot etc.

switch to the small chromies and you've got an instant garage queen

What kind of suspension are you using??? I bought King Springs ( rear ) for my 610.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

I haven't got to the rear end of my car yet unfortunately, but it's next in line. Currently it runs pedders shocks that came with the car, and some kmac springs.

Would love some adjustable koni's for the rear, but im not a millionaire unfortunately :mad: not yet anyway.

Yeah that is the one that was on craigslist, I paid $2500 not sure if that was too much or not but seemed good to me, I would think a 510 in similar condition would have been more expensive.

I just bought some Top End Performance rear lowering springs (372lb) and some poly spring insulators, mustache bar insulators, and rear subframe insulators. They should be here tomorrow, but will be a bit before I install them. I need control arm bushings too I think? what ever their called. and it also needs to run. it has a fuel problem.

Yeah that is the one that was on craigslist, I paid $2500 not sure if that was too much or not but seemed good to me, I would think a 510 in similar condition would have been more expensive.

I just bought some Top End Performance rear lowering springs (372lb) and some poly spring insulators, mustache bar insulators, and rear subframe insulators. They should be here tomorrow, but will be a bit before I install them. I need control arm bushings too I think? what ever their called. and it also needs to run. it has a fuel problem.

$2500? I would love a $2500 Datsun 610. I bought one for $1500, cancer like mad (I have to say, not worth saving), but the engine is real strong. The good stuff is going to my sedan, the rest to the scrapyard. I am going for the spring insulators, I think I dropped mine a bit too much. Top End has the ones that raise the rear 1/2 inch, so I think I can handle that, and bring it back up a bit. As for the fuel problem, I have some suggestions. Check your email, and give me a call this week. -0-

Yeah, these are really cool lookin' cars when they are lowered with some nice sneakers on em! I love some of them on here!

Have you guys seen the huge as# exhaust they are welding on these things in Japan? :lol:Craziness! I had about 40 pics of these Godzilla lookin' freaks on my computer and then the hard drive took a hard dive and so there go all the pics. :mad:Out of controll 6 foot high pipes stickin' out of the hood!:eek: Pretty lame...to me anyway (God bless everyone for bein' creative;)) but worth finding online if you can:D

I saw the pic of the race car in this thread and was taken back to when I used to get "sneaked" into Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California in the back of my dad's Ford Econoline 5 window pick-up and we used to watch all the BMW 2002s, VW Rabbits, Celicas and Datsun 610s/510's hammer it out with Z cars and Mazdas...pretty flippin sweet (and way back in the day!)

Hi all, newbie from Australia here :D

This is my 610 coupe currently undergoing restoration. Eventually it will run an L18, with the added benefit of efi and a Mini Cooper S supercharger :eek:.

It had a fair amount of rust, but I'm pretty close to having the bodywork finished now. I've just started work on the mechanical side of things. Realistically, its still another two years off being finished.

First pic is what it looked like before I dismantled it, others are how the shell currently sits.

16663638uu8.jpg

222yk9.jpg

u3tg9.jpg

ok im thinking about doing somthing like this to cover the damage on my hood ram air baby and of course it would be semi funtional tell me what you think

ramair2.jpg

As much as I hate to see add on shit, (ricer air dams, wings, box flares) and believe that the designers evolved their creation to more or less perfection, (with the exception of the Aztec, Prowler and many more) and like to see cars as close to original as possible, and having said all this.... your Ram Air scoops kind of work for me. They look like proper shit on the cars they came off of, Camaro?? The hood line on them is too down sloped, but the 610 is more level so the scoop is less noticeable, less offensive, lower key.

I say go with it, while looking for a replacement. Decide later if you want to keep it.

Guest jaimesix
these are my 610's(180b's down here)

the orange was an original granny spec

the white one was sr20det powered but sadly didn't survive a meeting with a concrete pole

2llha42.jpg

n41gp.jpg

23mrion.jpg

ru5tvp.jpg

Very cool 180Bs mate. Congratulations. Seems like you had a great time.

Dave, that work looks awesome, I hope to do same with my Datsun 710 body. Did you make your own rostiserie stand?

Bonvo, no drinking and typing please.;)

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Dave, that work looks awesome, I hope to do same with my Datsun 710 body. Did you make your own rostiserie stand?

Yep, here's a link to how I made it. Pretty easy, but took me a while because the only welder I own is an oxy set :( . Not the quickest thing to weld 4mm thick tube with :eek:

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8205&highlight=rotisserie