• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was thinking about california smog laws the other day and how anything newer then a 75 has to pass smog well that kinda kills the last year of the 610 odd as well as the 810 as project cars but i remember a conversation with zerow a while back saying to be a legal smog swap i could pull a motor from a newer version of the same car like if i had a 79 810 o could pull the motor from a 80 810 this got me thinking since the 610 and 810 didnt have later models whata about what those models later became? the 610 and 810 are part of the bluebird line which turned into the maxima does that mean i can swap out of a maxima? smog legal vg30 swap anyone? this isnt somthing i have to worry about now that i have a 73 but somthing i thought would be cool to discuss and if this applies then it applies to the later 620s as well and the hardbody ka swap

There is a new bill trying to pass called S.B. 1239 that would make all pre-1981 vehicles smog free. Man I hope it passes.

• Like 1

In utah you can register any vehicle 30 years old or older as "vintage". $45 a year, the state never looks at it again. No safety No emissions, nothing. After 40 years old, you pay $40. It's awesome.

• Like 1

Haven't they already tried this multiple times? 

FYI, in Texas the cutoff is 1991 right now. Next year it will be 1992.     ^_^

If at first you don't succeed...and I'll take California over Texas even if I have to pass smog. But I love me some good BBQ.

• Like 1

She now belongs to me. 

nice. I remember both the past 2 owners of these sedan. Car was bought in LA/orange county 2 years ago. The owner, before the ones you bought it from, wanted to trade for my coupe. I was tempted too.

I actually saw this car @ IMG ol'skewl meet in 2014.

where in SD you located?

610.jpg

So, German sold it too huh? This sedan has been passed down like my coupe to many owners. But i kept mine & is now going on 4 years w/ me. 

nice. I remember both the past 2 owners of these sedan. Car was bought in LA/orange county 2 years ago. The owner, before the ones you bought it from, wanted to trade for my coupe. I was tempted too.

I actually saw this car @ IMG ol'skewl meet in 2014.

where in SD you located?

So, German sold it too huh? This sedan has been passed down like my coupe to many owners. But i kept mine & is now going on 4 years w/ me. 

Yes, I got it from German. Nice guy. There are some things that need attention, but I dig the car. I'm gonna take pics tomorrow, but it looks better in these pics :)

Yes, I got it from German. Nice guy. There are some things that need attention, but I dig the car. I'm gonna take pics tomorrow, but it looks better in these pics :)

where in SD you located? i would like to get my coupe acquainted w/ your sedan.  photoshoot moment :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...