bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

610.jpg

Do we know the tyre specs on rears ? We have useless selection in 14". Think 195/60/14 is widest available in normal road compound. Anything wider is either track use or low profile..

I was planning on same set up as above and don't want silly stretch tyres and ideally would like to avoid having to to roll the wheel arches. Tough ask I know !

Do we know the tyre specs on rears ? We have useless selection in 14". Think 195/60/14 is widest available in normal road compound. Anything wider is either track use or low profile..

Those are a 195/60-14 on a 14x9, all four corners. 

Used to be my car.  ^_^

That car also has 280ZX control arms/brakes in the rear. Widens the track about an inch per side. It wouldn't require as much camber on stock control arms. 

We have useless selection in 14". Think 195/60/14 is widest available in normal road compound. 

BF Goodrich still sells the 225/60-14 in the regular radial T/A road tire. 

http://www.tires-easy.com/tires-search/225-60-14?filtering=,price

And while they are a little on the tall side, the look/size fits a 610 fairly well. 

102bob4.jpg

• Like 3

Those are a 195/60-14 on a 14x9, all four corners. 

Used to be my car.  ^_^

That car also has 280ZX control arms/brakes in the rear. Widens the track about an inch per side. It wouldn't require as much camber on stock control arms.

Cheers. So with a stock rear end,fitment should be good. I have 14x8 et -5 and have heaps or arch clearance at rears.

Front is tight...I assume ^ car is running 280ZX struts which allow the 14x9 fitment.

I have not seen 225/60/14 being offered here in UK for a very long time now...

Front is tight...I assume ^ car is running 280ZX struts which allow the 14x9 fitment.

Indeed. 280ZX struts, T3 camber plates, and T3 coilovers.

I have not seen 225/60/14 being offered here in UK for a very long time now...

Sorry, missed that bit...   ^_^

But hey, if you want it bad enough, could always ship them over from the USA? We have to get tires in odd sizes shipped over here from your side of the pond all the time...   :rofl:

Nateees: yes, rhd. Relocated the fuse panel and rerouted the wire inside the fender wall.

20151221_191255_zpsle11ln6i.jpg

Thanks mate.

Looking good! I have engine bay envy haha

Was relocating the fuse panel and redirecting the wiring hard to do?

If you need to change fuses and or get to wiring to check something later on, being behind the fender wall would it make it hard to check now? Have to take fender off wouldn't you?

Looks so much cleaner though in the engine bay!!

repost (guy still hasn't moved an inch on the project)

norm.jpg

Loving the silver!

Dont see many 610 coupes in silver!

Mine is silver also but worn out and needing to be repainted, is this an original Datsun silver?

My color code is 012 which is called Pearly Silver

Be good to know what yours is so I can see if mine would look same as this once painted

Here is my JDM 610 Bluebird-U GL 1600 hardtop, as you can see, silver is very faded and non existent in some areas haha! Previous owner had the roof, bonnet and boot painted black so car was two tone, has snince been rubbed back and so is now just surface rust brown until is once again rubbed back, prepped and painted

image_zpsq43iuacq.jpeg

• Like 2

Currently rebuilding the stock L16 engine it came out with.

Stroked and bored it out to an L18 with 85.5mm flat top pistons, A87 head with slight intake port increase and running twin DHLA40 Dellortos, so will be 1791cc and should have around 10:1 comp ratio, good torque and approx 125-130 hp at 7000+ RPM.

Nothing crazy, but tractable in traffic and fun to drive!

Being a GL hardtop and not the typical SSS that came out in AU, I wanted to keep mine period and original looking, hence why I went with the L16 stroker engine and not an SR20 conversion like most other Datsun restorations these days.

Whilst engine is out I will be tidying up the engine bay and getting engine bay repainted, with rest of body and paint to be done later on, at least this way I can put engine and gearbox back in and have some fun whilst I save up rest of $$ to get rest of the body paint and panel completed.

Here are some pics of my stripped front end and engine bay slowly getting barer, still a bit to go before I drop off at a mates to get painted...

image_zpsae3vuyjd.jpeg

image_zpssz7zipsy.jpeg

image_zpsfbedya8t.jpeg

image_zpsyhb8qo4x.jpeg

• Like 1

Factory silver here, too. Mines just the right amount of faded, though ;)

Photo902.jpg

Photo904.jpg

What is the color code for the silver on yours MicroMachinary? Is it 012? Isee yours is a later model so might be different then mine, with mine being a early 73

I have an original catalog at home, is in Japanese, ill upload the color chart ;)

Is for early model 610 coupes though, id say the color range/numbers wouldn't have changed though over the years, if anything just a few more newer colors added as the cars got released in later years etc

I couldnt tell the chassis plate what color mine was either, I basically just matched it with the catalog I have.

Certain colors came out for specific spec ie GL, Deluxe or SSS etc and also was dependent on interior color as well, some colors only come with chocolate interior and same with blue interior or cream etc