411 and Roadster Graveyard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got in touch with the guy! His name is Bill. He was super nice. I went down there and arrived just as he was driving up. Apparently, the one that's sitting off by itself was his first car. He's getting ready to retire and wants to restore his teenage dream cars. He got my letters and business cards and had just neglected to get back to me. He's a total purist. He wasn't sure if he should contact me because he didn't want to see any of his cars become teenage racecars.

For now, he plans to keep them all because he needs the parts. He has my number now and I have his,

He got on Ratsun at one point but really didn't see where the useful info was. I explained to him that it's a club, so the general area is just guys BSing about life. The real info is in the tech section, and the real resource is making friends who may have the part you need when you need it.

I look forward to working with him some more. He says that if things go south, or when he gets done with the ones he plans to restore, I am first on the list. NONE WILL BE SCRAPPED! We had a nice conversation that left me wanting to be a better Datsun owner.

STOKED!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last time I talked to him, he told me the neighbors were gonna call the cops if they saw anyone snooping around.

I don't think he meant it as a threat to me.  He had had some recent theft.  I just figured I'd leave him alone for a while.