• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been back a couple times now. Never have made contact. The card I left is gone though, so maybe I'll get a call before the salvage people.

just keep leaving cards. they will either call u eventually or file a restraining order and take u to court for harassment. lulz

Been working alot of hours. Haven't gotten back down there in a couple of weeks. I do plan to leave a note next time with another card. I think my wife is hoping I don't find the guy. She may not be stoked about owning 7 more non-running Datsuns, but I'm pretty sure I can find homes for most of them.

Do want! I'll be keeping an eye on this, this is one of the biggest datto finds in the area :lol:

I can think of a few other roadster owners who would love to be able to get their hands on some if the owner does want to sell.

Not as big as the initial post thought.

The "roadsters" were tarped and when I peaked around the corner to where the tarp was blown off some, they turned out to be MGB s.

IMG_20110612_154150.jpg

But the 411s, 52?, and 510 wagon are all dattos in need of rescuing.

Stopped and left another business card with my name and number. This time I left a note with it and put it in the mail box. There was about a weeks worth of mail in the box, so hopefully someone will be coming by the house soon to check the mail and get my note.

Keeping fingers crossed. I noticed a bunch of truck parts that I hadn't seen before. Nice looking bed, and some straight fenders. Maybe there are more goodies around that I haven't seen in my short visits.

Plan is to try and offer him a set amount of cash for everything datsun related, and then go through it when I get it home. I figure if I can talk my wife into giving me $500 ish bucks and maybe get my mom to match that. She wants to restore a 411 if my Dad okays it.

If I do get them, I will start a for sale thread with all the things I want to get rid of.

I will let you guys know what I hear. Could be a bulk Datsun buy, or a restraining order.

Stopped and left another business card with my name and number. This time I left a note with it and put it in the mail box. There was about a weeks worth of mail in the box, so hopefully someone will be coming by the house soon to check the mail and get my note.

Keeping fingers crossed. I noticed a bunch of truck parts that I hadn't seen before. Nice looking bed, and some straight fenders. Maybe there are more goodies around that I haven't seen in my short visits.

Plan is to try and offer him a set amount of cash for everything datsun related, and then go through it when I get it home. I figure if I can talk my wife into giving me $500 ish bucks and maybe get my mom to match that. She wants to restore a 411 if my Dad okays it.

If I do get them, I will start a for sale thread with all the things I want to get rid of.

I will let you guys know what I hear. Could be a bulk Datsun buy, or a restraining order.

Hell might check and see if the taxes are upto date on the land, should show who owns it as well.

Dude, that is a sweet idea! That property is in a good spot for an investment. It's one of two derelict places in a nice neighborhood. If it's behind on taxes, my parents could buy it as an investment and donate the Dattos to Ratsun, and scrap the stupid MGBs and other crap vehicles. There is an old Caddy that might bring some cash, and a C 10 Chevy. Build a starter house on the lot and improve the neighbor's property values.

• 3 months later...

dibbs on the red one with the bush under the hood

Still haven't heard from the people.

I'll probably have to catch them there one day. It's 35miles or so from here, and not on the way to anything.

Still keeping my fingers crossed. Last note I left, I put in the mail box on top of what looked like a months worth of mail.

• 1 month later...