411 and Roadster Graveyard

I posted these photos in sightings, but decided they needed their own thread. I plan to go back and get more pics as soon as I can.

IMG_20110531_104852.jpg

IMG_20110531_104839.jpg

IMG_20110531_104827.jpg

This is what I saw from the highway that made me bust a U-turn. After I took these pics, I looked closer at the sheds and tarps all around and noticed several more cars. These are in the northern part of Silsbee TX, which does not have a reputation for dealing well with trespassers, and I didn't have time to stay and find the owner, so I could only see these cars clearly from the road.

When I have time, I plan to go find the owner so that I can get more detailed pics, and possibly see if he/she'd be willing to part with some of the Datto treasures on the property.

From the road, I could see the (5) 411s, and 520 in the pictures. I could also see fenders sticking out of sheds and from under tarps that apear to be (6) roadsters!

Consider this a tease, and I will be back with more pics ASAP!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that it may be more the case that this person LOVES these cars and was saving them from the scrap pile. Judging from the condition of the house and property, I'd say this person is either very old or dead. There is practically zero Datsun support around here. I hope to find out later this week.

Tell me about letting go of parts. 2 411 sedan parts cars 2 SSS sedans and a standard wagon now.

You are sitting on a Gold Mine! According to the NADA Guide site [nadaguides.com/classic cars/1967/nissan-datsun/411/4door-sedan/values,] with no regard for accessories like radio or automatic transmission, once asembled into complete vehicle condition, the low ball value of a poor condition 411 is $1600, an average condition 411 is $4400 and "High Retail" value is $9154. Note, High Retail is NOT a pristine collector example. Check it out for yourself!

hooollllllyyyyyy crap. so thats where the rest of the 411's are. bastards are holding out on the good stufff. probably have my sway bar bracket underneath one of them gems. only if it was in cali. wonder if one of those are jdm spec'd. oohhh how sweet wpuld that be. :{)

• 2 weeks later...

Just did some snooping around. Talked to a neighbor who said the place belongs to a father and son. They come check the mail every couple weeks, and that's all he sees of them. Snapped a few oics while I was there.

Bad news, the roadsters spear to all be MGs. Sorry about that.

Meanwhile oic time.

I'd be willing to bet it is. From the story the neighbor told me, the old man bought several of these cars new, drove em till something messed up, and just parked it and got another one.

I'd be willing to bet it is. From the story the neighbor told me, the old man bought several of these cars new, drove em till something messed up, and just parked it and got another one.

if you ever come in contact with him, id make a trip for them if they're available. ive been needing a reason to visit my family in houston anyway

• 3 weeks later...

I left a business card. Hopefully they'll contact me soon. If not, I'll have to see what I can do to track them down.

There was a guy up here with about 25 really rare, mostly big old American cars and he didn't want to part with any of these decaying ones. I did get to buy one 320 truck from him. Better to sell cars to someone who will restore or part them out rather than let them rust away, so sad.