ka24de 210

80datson

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That good hear, well I got rehired month later from my old job, when you came for the dash. Just working hart, lost of time. Ill see if i update my tread. Dam I even forgot the pass word, when I was log in

• Like 1

That good hear, well I got rehired month later from my old job, when you came for the dash. Just working hart, lost of time. Ill see if i update my tread. Dam I even forgot the pass word, when I was log in

That's good to hear btw! Am glad you got it back am currently looking for another job to pay for my engine build I want a 350 lbs of tourqe so I can pop a whillie (;

80datsun, what did you use for a radiator? I dont think I can make the 210 one work, as the bottom outlet is on the opposite side, so I was looking at ebay civic radiators as theyre cheap and appear to have the ideal inlet/outlet.

it was from a 98' jetta 2.0 non turbo. all aluminum crossflow ^_^ keeps it cold on hot ass days also has a hole for temp switch so yi can hook up ur electric fans to that. i will double check the year but am sure its 98

• 2 weeks later...

So, 80Datsun, I have a few questions as you just did the wiring and Its not my strong suit. Mostly about the stock 240sx fuse box and simplifying it. how much of that did you use, Im assuming you need to use it as it has the alt fuse and some other things but dont need the egi relay among other things.

Also have a couple questions about the can am power box as you just did that too and it may be fresh in your mind.

thanks

Josh

Oh, i was wondering how the alt was fused and about the starter stuff but Ive searched a bit and found that I use the existing datsun alt and starter wiring etc. So thats my question basically answered.

do you have to change the stock datsun alt fuse or anything? (not sure what amp alt the stock datsun alt is vs the ka one)

also I was wondering if I can use the stock datsun oil press and coolant temp wires to the ka sensors or if the a14 sensors fit to make the oil light and temp guage work.

also, the can am box has 20 amp fuses but the diagram shows 15, did you switch these out or leave the 20s.... shouldnt matter either way but....

finally, Why does the can am diagram say check for power during cranking at te old coil wire? I was gonig to delete this as I did many things from the old harness?

thanks, sorry to bombard you and Im sure Il have more questions so bear with me.

Alternators are not fused. Only the voltage regulator is, and you can use the stock Datsun wiring for that.

You need ignition power during cranking -- with any engine. On a stock early Datsun, it comes through a different wire than the RUN wire. With newer ignition switches it is different - so check! Most likely you will need it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The gauges aren't that hard to get working.  The stock alt wiring can be used on the KA alt so that's super easy pretty much plug and play.  The temp gauge, all you do is find the temp wire in the KA harness and connect it to the stock one.  The speedo on the other hand is the PITA!!  I did a search on here and got a few answers.  This is one reason why the old classifieds were way better than the new system http://community.ratsun.net/topic/10901-280zx-speed-sensor/  So I set out looking for the speedo gear drive out of a zx or 720 pu with the correct offset. Came across this website so I ordered one from http://www.datsunstore.com/ Not 2 days later I found a 84 720 4x4 in a jy and pulled the unit out of it just to have both.  Well the teeth on the drive gear  for both the z and 720 are smaller than the KA unit, so they don't mesh inside the tranny and don't work.  What I ended up doing was demolishing the stock KA electric unit to pull the gear drive out of it.  Slotted a key way in it for the speedo cable and used the gear housing out of the 720.  Works great!  And I've checked my speed via gps and it's tits!

• 3 months later...