80datson

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

To lower them in the front and still have decent susp travell, you can cut off and eaise the strut towers...

But I am interested in where and or why you want and or ned to cut your towers for this swap, please explain!

To lower them in the front and still have decent susp travell, you can cut off and eaise the strut towers...

But I am interested in where and or why you want and or ned to cut your towers for this swap, please explain!

i think were thinking 2 differ thinggs.. im talkin bout the engine mount towers. as in this pictur BURLEIGH cut his and fab plates.

IMG_0014.jpg

If you modify the car instead of making it all yourself, just seems easier to use the stock mounts.

And I said "Phraising" as an Archer quote refrencing the miscommunication from earlier!

well the stock ka mounts and the engine mount towers dont line up correctly. and seems like its way too high that if it were to sit on top the engine would stick out too high. have yu done swapped a ka into a 210? it seems like those engine mount toweres seem wayy too high

Don't mess with the strut towers. That's a hack.

so the stock ka motor mounts fit perfectly with the stock crossmember [engine mount] towers?

not the b310 crossmeber. But the A10 crossmember bolts in, it is for L-series and as i understand KA will bolt to L-series engine mount towers. But maybe it wont'.

Of course you need the right pan otherwise it's fab time. You can't swap pans on the KA, gotta get the right kind of block to start with.