ka24de 210

80datson

where did you get this information btw? i believe that it has the same gear ratios but it is not the same as a ka/sr trans, and theres no differences in z32 na vs tt ive read?

The gear boxes are clearly stamped "71C".....

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RB20, VG30E, KA24E, KA24DE, SR20DE(T), CA18DE(T) when used in cars, all use a 71C gearbox. Bellhousing are different, but are same for a few. ie, RB20 and CA18 bellhousing is the same. 

I've also heard the VG30 bellhousing is the same for a QR25DE? High possiblilty of this being incorrect.

RB20, VG30E, KA24E, KA24DE, SR20DE(T), CA18DE(T) when used in cars, all use a 71C gearbox. Bellhousing are different, but are same for a few. ie, RB20 and CA18 bellhousing is the same. 

I've also heard the VG30 bellhousing is the same for a QR25DE? High possiblilty of this being incorrect.

what about VG30DE (1990-1996) 300zx transmission? RS5R30A

Sorry, I didn't realize I have wrong info.

I was talking about Z32 like i knew something. I had them confused with Z31?

no worries just misunderstanding with which VG, which i didnt make clear lol. but your right about the z31 trans, same as ka/sr but 90-96 z32 has a much beefy trans, which i plan to swap in soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo 80Datson got any progress lately? 

yo, not too much progress lately, just been really busy with work! :p but i still got it and plan to start working on it sometime soon!, probably in june/july when the summer hits and the nights will be hot, then i will pull all nighters then, but its almost there just trying to perfect my finaly draft :) stay tuned,,

I am right there with you I got my axle taken apart for the last month. I was almost done but I keep doing other things before getting back to mine. I have work stuff going on and family came to visit but next 2 or 3 weeks I'll be putting it back. I did get my stock wheels repainted, I might move on to painting the axle too who knows. I now see there is alot involved to a KA-T swap keep up the good work amd keep updated om here and Instagram(I follow you) it keeps me motivated to get mine nice.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...