ka24de 210

80datson

So the other day i picked up a ka from a 240 at the junkyard.. it seems to be in ok condition and i think it shud start up just fine.. now i have to get it in.

besides flipping the crossmember and reweld. and inline fuel pump. what els do i need to fab to get this thing in? tranny mount? can i refab a 240 trans mount? and also where can i get those relays that are already set up so i can wire it up easyer? any info will help thanks!

0530111851.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

besides flipping the crossmember and reweld.

Don't do that. the 210 uses a front sump pan already. There are no crossmember mods required.

Sway bar will hit the pan, though. Will need aftermarket sway bar, or figure out how to space down the frame mounts.

and inline fuel pump.

79-83 280ZX pump works well with this engine, is external/inline mount, and comes mounted to a nice soft rubber base (nice and quiet).

what els do i need to fab to get this thing in? tranny mount? can i refab a 240 trans mount?

240SX tranny crossmember can probably be modded to fit. But if it has a flat floor like the rest of the Sunny line (and I think it does), tranny crossmember should be cake to fab. Use two 1200 motor mounts, bolted to a flat metal plate, bolt that to the floor.

If you can't find 1200 motor mounts, you can use mid-80s BMW 325i trans mounts (needs two, not expensive).

FYI, there's a very good chance you don't have to change the whole pedal assembly, just the pedals themselves. Most Datsuns have the place to mount the clutch pedal, even on the auto cars.

Swapping pedals is a 5-10 minute job. Swapping the pedal assembly is a 1-2 hour job. :cool:

i got this from a 79 210 at the junk hard with hardlines for clutch mstr. i got lucky!!

kkkk.jpg

I know you can use a short-tail 5spd from a Z20S-powered 510 (80-82).

Looks kinda like this:

Z_Trans_4spd__002.jpg

But if you're going to beat on it hard, I'd stick with the KA trans. ;)

ok ill stick with the ka trans.. also i noticed the shifter seems loose it wobbles. what can i do to fix that?

FYI, there's a very good chance you don't have to change the whole pedal assembly, just the pedals themselves. Most Datsuns have the place to mount the clutch pedal, even on the auto cars.

Swapping pedals is a 5-10 minute job. Swapping the pedal assembly is a 1-2 hour job. :cool:

thats great info im going to check it out that will save me alot of time thanks!

ok ill stick with the ka trans.. also i noticed the shifter seems loose it wobbles. what can i do to fix that?

There should be plastic bushings in the shifter (you'll see them when you take it apart). Those probably need to be replaced. Should be able to get them from the dealer for a few bucks.

Also, the shorty 5spd would probably allow you to keep your current shifter console/surround. ;)

are they hard to find?

There should be plastic bushings in the shifter (you'll see them when you take it apart). Those probably need to be replaced. Should be able to get them from the dealer for a few bucks.

i will go tommarro n check them out.

also my inline fuel pump came in the mail today im excited! also my spark plug wires aswell.

If you use shorty trans, bolt in stock 210 auto shaft

Long trans, pay $150 to get auto shaft shortened

Yes, but...

It probably has staked in u-joints. Most driveline shops won't shorten these.

If that's the case, you can either have a new one made, or if it has the larger diff flange, shorten a 510 driveshaft to fit it.

Do you know a driveline shop that will shorten one with non-serviceable u-joints?