Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, have you considered the "new frame" extending under the rear axle housing (not directly in the middle but two parts about 8 inches apart) to provide that structure you want for the trunk to be re-attached? then bring the "cage" down through the package tray and tie into the bottom frame....

You're too innovative to get stuck on the trunk Indy... just saying

Also - I was at a car show today and they had portable welding stations, I tried TIG on aluminum for the first time, was pretty neat. Only mentioning because I've only recently started welding altogether with MIG in the past 6 months (never welded before that). Don't be discouraged by those that only criticize your work.

As the saying goes "Don't worry about what people think, because they seldom do".

• Like 1

Hi Indy who's white 510 it's too stock height for u ......lol....

SOP for mini truckers..... When stagnant on project hard park In front of your house at any cost to show your neighbors this is how I get down..... Lows at all costs are had here ......

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering why I havent been around the forum...this thread is a perfect example.

How may cars are you going to ruin? Seems to me that this type of behavior is the polar opposite of the basis for Ratsun, I thought the point was to save these cars in one way or another

• Like 2

Kiznook, read through the thread. With the amount of rust this thing had in some pretty critical places, there wasn't much other choice with the level of fab skills Indy has. Only thing it was good for was parts. 

It was drivable, but wasn't too safe. 

Holy crap, what a bunch of cry-babies.

He still owns the car, he hasn't scrapped it, it's not finished... he deserves a little credit for taking on such a big project, people do have lives away from their projects. Stop with the brow-beating, and quit being so judgemental.

So you got bored with Ratsun and you didnt like how this thread went, hardly a reason to assault someone and whine that you don't feel like participating on the website.

constant criticism makes me not want to log on to Ratsun.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
finish it or give it a mercy killing already..........

Funny how many scenarios that could apply to...

It is looking better, and in "Less Pieces" with less rust....

Dunno if anyone ever mentioned that you shouldn't use a welder on an extension cord, just figured in case you were - it screws things up.