Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it till someone buys it for cheap, or I get back around to her someday,,, :frantics:

if I ever try to make it more than an electric golf cart, I will need WAY more fabrication/welding skills/tools, and start all over with Miata front suspension and a real frame / removable shell.... and some motor that doesn't restrict the ride height

8221941351_77c15aa4c2_o.jpg

8218353757_6d0d68a241_o.jpg

8221937313_a3cd400cf8_o.jpg

Ive been on this site for years, never registered because i'm not into bs. I comend you for what you have done and are doing. You seem to be recieving the shit for this build. I'm sure everyone would love to atleast try what your doing. Who doesn't want to build a badass 510. I see this as art, you can always get another shell, if it doesn't work. I'm not sure what your next step is in the process... But i'm thinking tube frame the back half, kind like what blueridgespeed has done. Don't give up and keep up great work! Awesome Job! BTW, 12a or 13b it, its cheap low center of gravity and lite.. i know its been done, but it fits this application. You can easily raise the engine to line up with the rear end and still put the stock hood back on..

Great advice

- you drive it once again and you won't regret the journey

At this point the quarter panels were flopping around in the wind:

6967926799_7dc7c1d602_o.jpg

Seems to me you have lots of room under those axles for the rear tubed section to connect to the front tubed floor... Just saying.

And have you given any thought to how BMW leans their engines over at like 50 degrees or something? A leaning L16 engine needs a leaning sump in a triangled oil pan, would still lubicate? just need to unbolt the front half of the transmission and "clock it" to work...

What other roadblocks have got you wanting to shove this aside?

You could even midmount the engine facing backwards, run the driveline to a datsun 4x4 front axle... How low could it go then?

8221941351_77c15aa4c2_o.jpg

mini cooper 510

That Would be SICK with a goon hatch!! Leave it raked like that witha VW bug front suspention and skinny white walls sticking way out front. Like the volksrods style! Open fenders and a L-series with bolonga cut zoomies out the(or lack there of) hood! ! Epic DATrod !

• Like 1

Seems to me you have lots of room under those axles for the rear tubed section to connect to the front tubed floor... Just saying.

And have you given any thought to how BMW leans their engines over at like 50 degrees or something? A leaning L16 engine needs a leaning sump in a triangled oil pan, would still lubicate? just need to unbolt the front half of the transmission and "clock it" to work...

What other roadblocks have got you wanting to shove this aside?

You could even midmount the engine facing backwards, run the driveline to a datsun 4x4 front axle... How low could it go then?

First generation Toyota Previa van ran a longitudinal 4 cylinder on it's side and there was a factory supercharged model too.

Of course you'd have to get crafty with the differential to make it turn the wheels in the correct direction or accept 1 forward gear and 4-5 reverse =)

VW transaxle with flipped diff and adapter plate, but I still say go with the front engine plan, Figuring out a rear engine setup in a FR vehicle would be a pain in the ass, especially throttle cable, shifting, all that fun stuff.