Carburetor ID

albyneau

Does this look like the stock carb for a '71? It came on the truck when I got it~ and hardly looks like it's even had fuel run thru it... The linkage was cobbled up pretty bad~ so what you see now is my handiwork

Datsun034s.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The electric choke makes me say "no". Not for a '71 at least. But maybe Cali ones had electric chokes? I don't THINK so. What's the front of the carb look like? Glass window, or just a peephole? Carbs through '74 had glass windows, and '72-74 620s had electric chokes (as did some '72 521s I think). The electric choke does look like the very early version that would have come on a L16 (the terminal post is a giveaway)

The electric choke makes me say "no". Not for a '71 at least. But maybe Cali ones had electric chokes? I don't THINK so. What's the front of the carb look like? Glass window, or just a peephole? Carbs through '74 had glass windows, and '72-74 620s had electric chokes (as did some '72 521s I think). The electric choke does look like the very early version that would have come on a L16 (the terminal post is a giveaway)

It's got the full picture window up front. The carb linkage lever lays flat to the point I had to fab an adapter to right the geometry. According to my Chilton's they show a line drawing pic for electric chokes from '70-80. Not the be-all, end-all for accurate info~ but I still prefer them over Clymers -n- Haynes books....

It's got the full picture window up front. The carb linkage lever lays flat to the point I had to fab an adapter to right the geometry. According to my Chilton's they show a line drawing pic for electric chokes from '70-80. Not the be-all, end-all for accurate info~ but I still prefer them over Clymers -n- Haynes books....

Oops~ forgive the typo~ it's a '72....