280ZX master cylinder

haubstr

Did the '79-'80 280ZX come without a brake booster?

Will a Master cylinder made for a brake booster work on my truck when I'm not using one?

Does it matter which 280ZX Master cylinder I buy for my 521 with 4 wheel disk brakes?

What is the smallest bore they made for these master cylinders? 7/8" or 15/16"?

Sorry for all the questions but I only want to buy a new one once...

Thanks in advance

Jamie

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the '79-'80 280ZX come without a brake booster?

No.

Will a Master cylinder made for a brake booster work on my truck when I'm not using one?

The 280zx won't fit. It way too larg a diameter and won't clear your clutch master or the steering column. A smaller booster from a 210 or a 620 should fit. Don't forget the pedistal between it and the firewall.

Does it matter which 280ZX Master cylinder I buy for my 521 with 4 wheel disk brakes?

'79 to '81 is best.

What is the smallest bore they made for these master cylinders? 7/8" or 15/16"?

280zx masters were 15/16"

No.

The 280zx won't fit. It way too larg a diameter and won't clear your clutch master or the steering column. A smaller booster from a 210 or a 620 should fit. Don't forget the pedistal between it and the firewall.

'79 to '81 is best.

280zx masters were 15/16"

Thank You for the response Datzenmike...

....hhmmm....not sure Mike read this one quite right.....or maybe I'm not....... The question as I read it, is will the m/c work without the booster.....yes, but it will take some leg to push it. My wife drives her's with a 15/16" bore m/c with no prob. But....we're both pretty short, so we get more leverage on the pedal. :)

Oh....the other thing to watch for is the tab orientation on the m/c. There were a couple of years where the tabs were up/down and had an adapter to mount to the booster......then they went to side tabs and mounted directly.

:) you get like 50 of them right to my 1 :)

Thanks... I'll have to watch for the tab when it comes in... I ordered the MC yesterday and going to pick it up in a few minutes... In the picture online the tabs were top and bottom... We'll see

I read all the postings saying I'll need a little more leg for stopping... It's OK if my right leg is bigger than my left because of the workout driving... lol

Thanks again

Jamie

"haubstr"