1972 Datsun 521

Ok so I'm throwing in the towel guys. I hate to do it but selling cause I cant afford to keep putting money into it and I need a more reliable daily driver.

I'm selling my 1972 Datsun 521 pickup. Asking 2500 OBO or trade for 240sx coupe 5spd, 91-94 Sentra SE-R 5spd, 90-92 Integra 5spd, 90-91 Prelude 5spd, pretty much any 90's coupe with a 5spd.

Here are the details:

-Clean title

-L16 motor runs great

-A87 1800 peanut port head

-Weber 32/36 carb

-Electronic distributor

-Dog leg 5 speed transmission

-All lights and blinkers work

-Just tuned it up with new cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires

-Brand new brake shoes, wheel cylinders, drums, hoses and master cylinder

-New inner wheel bearings and seals.

-New oil pan and gasket.

Cons:

-3 dime sized cracks on windshield

-oil leak from timing cover gasket

-Some light surface rust. No cancer.

$2500 obo/trade. Cash only please. Located in Novato, California (Norcal)

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

and here's the link to more pics: http://community.rat...99-ratusn-noob/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude i know, but it's my only car and when something breaks i lose money i don't have. school loans are piling up, cell phone disconnected due to nonpayment, cancelled insurance for nonpayment. and to top it off i am currently unemployed. i dont know what else to do.

dude i know, but it's my only car and when something breaks i lose money i don't have. school loans are piling up, cell phone disconnected due to nonpayment, cancelled insurance for nonpayment. and to top it off i am currently unemployed. i dont know what else to do.

If you don't have any money, a different car ain't gonna do you any good anyways.

Right?

well i guess im thinking a newer car wont break down as much. but i guess i'll leave it in the hands of the gods. if she dont sell then i'll stick it through.

New cars break down too, and anything 90's is now at least ten years old. And when 'modern' vehicles break, they cost a shit ton more to fix.

I say stick it out yo!! You have one slick truck, it takes time, money and effort to get your datto to daily driver status, and when its there, its sooo cool. I drive my dime daily! It took a lot of work but its so worth it.

/rant

=)

I agree with everything said. It's just been a while since i've had a car that needed so much attention i forgot how frustrating it is. especially when it's your DD. It's getting to be too much to handle. plus i have 2 other projects that i have neglected since i got it. not enough $$$$:(.

thanks for the support guys. I'll see what happens. time will tell.

I agree with everything said. It's just been a while since i've had a car that needed so much attention i forgot how frustrating it is. especially when it's your DD. It's getting to be too much to handle. plus i have 2 other projects that i have neglected since i got it. not enough $$$$:(.

thanks for the support guys. I'll see what happens. time will tell.

Have you ever had a 40 year-old truck?

Of course it needs attention.

But when it's done, its done.

Keep with it. She'll make up for it.

Now go get a job.

If you cant maintain it sell it for MUCH as possible so the next NO money having guy wont put it in the back yard to rot also.

Believe me I hate 521s when it come to maint.But the best looking in my Opinion.

My 521 has just had its 4th motor pull. 2nd trans. 2 rear axle seals replaced. 2 brake wheel cylinders, 2nd brake job, a trans seal in front, one in back, head gasket also, dizzy went bad, KingPins also replaced.

2 brake masters and 2 clutch masters also. This is all in 10 years of ownership.Volt reg bad. alternator mounts going loose causing bolt breaking in block.

once you have a 521 you got to be committed to it. I will never get another unless mint(kingpins are mint) and its cheap. But by now Im a expert on them and can do it in a faster pace to replace stuff but really dont ever want to replace another king pin set again!!!!!!!!!

These are 40 year old rigs you have to expect it .

• Like 1

Yeah, the setup was soo perfect I just couldnt resist having a little fun at matt's expense. I vote keep the truck, if you are without a job why not save money and take the bus and in the process start fixin up the little issues with your sweet little truck, I LOVE my 521 wouldnt sell it for the world.

Yeah, the setup was soo perfect I just couldnt resist having a little fun at matt's expense. I vote keep the truck, if you are without a job why not save money and take the bus and in the process start fixin up the little issues with your sweet little truck, I LOVE my 521 wouldnt sell it for the world.

I couldn't find the post fast enough.

I was looking for that exact oic.

If you cant maintain it sell it for MUCH as possible so the next NO money having guy wont put it in the back yard to rot also.

Believe me I hate 521s when it come to maint.But the best looking in my Opinion.

My 521 has just had its 4th motor pull. 2nd trans. 2 rear axle seals replaced. 2 brake wheel cylinders, 2nd brake job, a trans seal in front, one in back, head gasket also, dizzy went bad, KingPins also replaced.

2 brake masters and 2 clutch masters also. This is all in 10 years of ownership.Volt reg bad. alternator mounts going loose causing bolt breaking in block.

once you have a 521 you got to be committed to it. I will never get another unless mint(kingpins are mint) and its cheap. But by now Im a expert on them and can do it in a faster pace to replace stuff but really dont ever want to replace another king pin set again!!!!!!!!!

These are 40 year old rigs you have to expect it .

hainz, what makes changing the king pins so bad? i looked it up on my manual and it doesn't look too bad, although manuals usually don't tell you the whole story.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.