SR20DET Block Adapter

dennis

Anyone run one of these? I get a little OCD for a clean engine and I noticed once I had my SR out and pulled the oil filter off that it was a little dirty from oil seepage from that area. Supposedly one of the key benefits of running one these will prevent that and allow you to use a remote filter (I really dont care about a remote filter). Curious if they do keep your block clean.

Tomei_193068_1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they will. When you change the remote filter the oil runs onto your fender instead of the engine.

depends on where you put it.

you could mount it to a bracket that doesnt put it over the inner fender

or like alot of newer nissans theres a little metal "chute" under it that directs the oil coming out of the filter.

well it depends on if its gonna keep things clean...

installing that adapter properly will make it not make a mess on you block, but if one of the hoses in this setup is loose, or if it gets a hole rubbed in a line from a crappy install youll have a ton of issues...

i would just make sure you have your oil filter install properly before you mess with this extra crap... put a thin layer of grease on the rubber o-ring on the filter before you put it on...

itll seal alot better, and will stay sealed... and it wont make it a pain in the ass to take the filter off the next time too...

• Like 1