ScubaT

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

THe way I see an alarm..

What would you do if you heard one going off in say a parking lot?

Probably ignore it(just like everyone else)because in a day so many alarms go off, for no real reason.

Now an immobilizer of some sort is a much better option(imo) :D

well not now that you said it ;)

LOL, I use to install them and on some of the high end jobs I would put mercury tilt switches in the sun visors. I had one car that you would have to open the glove box, tilt the visor, and step on the brakes.

I just put a viper alarm in my 78 620 flat bed and power locks in both doors its really not that hard and gives me piece of mind but i have over $1500 in stereo in my little girl. If you want to do a dead man switch put it behind your ash tray so it has to be pushed in to start and when you get out put a pen or something in the way so it wont close and then wont start. Just a few ideas for you i work at a stereo shop so we do some cool hidden switches from time to time if you have any questions just let me know, and datsuns are so simple to put alarms in if you need color codes just hit me up.

LOL, I use to install them and on some of the high end jobs I would put mercury tilt switches in the sun visors. I had one car that you would have to open the glove box, tilt the visor, and step on the brakes.

i like this mercury switch the same one's that we use in bomb's or defrent one's

My alarm cost a whole 3 dollars and I only needed to splice one wire

on-off-switch.jpg

You over payed. lol.

Im not sure what the alarm will be wired to, but it might stop someone, and probably the person who thought it would be easy to get into a datsun.