help me identify these wires! 1971 510. ignition wires, engine bay harness wires

first off i wanted to say thanks for clicking on my post and trying to help me out and hopefully i make it easier on you guys with theses videos (click on the picture for it to work)

this is for the ignition. i dont have one. i guess someone yanked it out, i need to know what goes where and what i need to bring it back to factory.

th_d65c7a1b.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have PDF diagrams of wiring if you need them to identify the wires. As for the coolant lines, good pictures would probably be better, i didn't click the video tho.

If you want the PDF diagrams, they are somewhat easy to read. you should be able to at least tell what the wires are.. Pm me your email if u want them

It took me a second to figure out they were videos also The coolant recirculating lines you show can be plugged off, there is also one on the manifold, it is the big one under carb that angles up and toward the front of car.You can see it in video to heat up manifold when it`s real cold out , ...............i think

That ( IGNITION ) wiring is pretty damn messed up. it might be easier to buy that part of wiring loom from someone and soldier and shrink tube it back together.

It took me a second to figure out they were videos also The coolant recirculating lines you show can be plugged off, there is also one on the manifold, it is the big one under carb that angles up and toward the front of car.You can see it in video to heat up manifold when it`s real cold out , ...............i think

That ( IGNITION ) wiring is pretty damn messed up. it might be easier to buy that part of wiring loom from someone and soldier and shrink tube it back together.

i just need to know where those wires go. if i had another car to reference them i would but i dont. do they go to the ignition switch? what am i missing?

the Dime Quarterly in the eleltrical section has a basic color diagram. to you can figure it out.

or soembody can post it here as I cant anymore.

What dumbass did that to that car!!!!!!!!!!

yeah man idk, im just trying to bring this 510 back on the road.

are you asking to trace the wire/s to what they connect/operate. I just need to know before I commit myself.

yes sir. i would assume they go dirctly to the swtich. but i need to know in what order. if that makes sense

fuck man.. your the bestest. if they is anything i can do to help you out (if you ever need it) please let me know. thanks brother.

no problem, just make sure the check is in the mail tomorrow. :lol:

ok serious, glad to help you, that whats it about, helping people when they need it. :hug:

Uh, now to think about it, I need my cars washed, what time will ya be able to start in the A.M. :poke:

JK again

Answers like this is what makes this forum the best

mos deff

no problem, just make sure the check is in the mail tomorrow. :lol:

ok serious, glad to help you, that whats it about, helping people when they need it. :hug:

Uh, now to think about it, I need my cars washed, what time will ya be able to start in the A.M. :poke:

JK again

hahaha.