duel carb su's?

How much are these going for used? How bad is rebuilding them or tuning them? They would be going on my l20 620. Is it worth it over my webber? 32/36 founa set cheap wit manifold

Guy wants me to make a offer. I need answers asap plz. Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Set up right they are impressive but two carbs = two times the work/problems/parts/tuning. You would really have to want them. I have a set and manifold I got for my sedan but will likely try it on my goon now. SUs have a cool factor no 32/36 can get near. Price up to $250 maybe more. I wouldn't pay that but some would.

Mine are flattops off a late L16SSS or more likely an L18SSS import motor. If you know anything about the flattops you can see they have never been de-smogged and so have likely never been use here. They are in great shape and even have air filters. I was very lucky and got them for $50 CDN.

710carbs004Large.jpg

710carbs001Large.jpg

The dual SU carbs have that ol skool flavour thats for sure to me they would be worth rebuilding, from what I have glimpsed on here tuning can be a PITA though but again IMHO worth it. Make sure the manifold is the correct one though, I could be wrong but I think there were a few different datsun engines that had the dual SU setup

Would. L18 manifold bolt up to a l20? Just in case.

Yes it will bolt up to any L head. But if you have a U-67 head on a '75-'77 L20B it likely has the two manifolds bolted together.