sr20det 210

hey i have a 79 210 notchback it currently has an l20b swap with a dogleg 5-speed i bought the car already swapped and it seems like everything done to my car previously was done wrong anyways my first question is how do i get my engine sitting right i was told before that a 69-72 510 crossmember would be the best way to go i was also wondering about an sr20 swap if i put the 510 crossmember in my car could i use a 510 sr swap kit this is my first car and the only time its ever moved was when i put it on the trailer and when i push it around my schools shop to do some fabrication as you can guess im tired of pushing my car and listening to my brothers honda garbage any help would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, i thought it was the later 510 crossmember that you want. This has been covered a few times lol. Keep searching the site or use google to search this site. Datzenmike knows this info

I think the 78-79 510's came with L20B.

But I'm wrong. 610's? Someone correct me. Mike?

I'd be piss-stoked to have an L-powered B310.

I think the 78-79 510's came with L20B.

But I'm wrong. 610's? Someone correct me. Mike?

I'd be piss-stoked to have an L-powered B310.

The late model 510/B310 front chassis are the same! Use the mounts for a late model L20 510 and you are golden!

I was wrong about being wrong.

Which makes me right about being wrong about what I originally had right.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help it doesn't run now because the wiring harness was hacked apart in like four places so nothing is wired up and i was told that my engine didn't sit with the right level of tilt so I haven't tried to start it btw what kind of tilt does my engine need and if anyone knows about hondas will I be able to beat an h22 swapped cb7 accord

i was told that my engine didn't sit with the right level of tilt so I haven't tried to start it btw what kind of tilt does my engine need

About 12-15 degrees to the passenger side. Stare at this pic for awhile.

130_0703_05_z+1971_datsun_510+engine_bay.jpg

And if you have the "correct" oil pan for your car, look at the bottom of it. If it's not level with the crossmember on both side, it's not sitting right. ;)

and if anyone knows about hondas will I be able to beat an h22 swapped cb7 accord

With an L-series? No. With an SR20DET? Yes. :P

FWIW, a stock L-series in a 210 is not going to outrun a stock CB7. Those things are surprisingly quick.

Thanks for the help it doesn't run now because the wiring harness was hacked apart in like four places so nothing is wired up and i was told that my engine didn't sit with the right level of tilt so I haven't tried to start it btw what kind of tilt does my engine need and if anyone knows about hondas will I be able to beat an h22 swapped cb7 accord

datsun freak gave you your answer but please avoid asking silly questions like this again. Makes you look foolish.

With an L-series? No. With an SR20DET? Yes. :P

FWIW, a stock L-series in a 210 is not going to outrun a stock CB7. Those things are surprisingly quick.

And to address the silly question further... :P

A KA24E would be an easier/cheaper swap and be just about all the power that little thing can handle.

And it would handily outrun almost any non-turbo CB7. Would you rather have 165 ft.lb of torque in a 2300 pound car (KA24E 210) or 150 ft.lb of torque in a 2800 pound car (H22 CB7)?

• 2 weeks later...

And to address the silly question further... :P

A KA24E would be an easier/cheaper swap and be just about all the power that little thing can handle.

And it would handily outrun almost any non-turbo CB7. Would you rather have 165 ft.lb of torque in a 19002300 pound car (KA24E 210) or 150 ft.lb of torque in a 2800 pound car (H22 CB7)?

Fixed ;)

My 210 with a half tank of gas, 100lbs of tool box and no driver is 900lbs front 800lbs rear, total cereal!

You gotta remember the 210 is a hole different car from the heavy narrow leaf spring B210 it was born from... Shit mang, mine was 1950lbs with a full interior and bumpers! :lol: