Ricer Sightings

You won't get the reliability Japanese cars offer from American makes, it's a fact, take it to the bank.

Now that I'll get on board with, my brother in law bought a 90's Silverado with over 100k without asking me for input... I hope he gets rid of it before it dies on him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

It's not really that bad. Carbon fiber and the obvious tow hook are a little on the poor taste side... but I see that on Datsuns almost as often as on Hondas....

Other than that, the fitment is actually really nice, has a good street car looking set up on it with no excess camber and max footprint without modifying the body.

Adding and aftermarket steering wheel is fine by most standards, though he must be really short to need a dished wheel in a Civic... who know, maybe he is. And I can't tell if that's a wideband on the top left of the dash or a boost gauge, either way, if it's actually hooked up to something then it would be quite an addition, leading more towards gearhead than ricer boy.

Zoomed in on the picture and it's an A/F gauge (Wideband). Which is actually quite impressive and commendable from a tuning standpoint... you'd be hard pressed to find many Datsuns with one... and most Datsuns need them more than that Civic.

That rear spoiler duck tail is actually, I believe, a factory piece that came on the Si trim of the EK Civic... that's no worse than putting a JDM SSS badge or grill on any of our cars that aren't actually JDM or SSS trimmed. Looks like it's also got a strut bar? on the rear towers... and it's BLACK, so it's not like he wants you to notice it right away.

And holy shit is that interior CLEAN. Like, I've seen very few cars of that age with that nice of an interior. I would drive the fucking piss out of that car if I found some stock replacements for the carbon fiber panels.....

End of Analysis.

CE43D4F1-16A2-4439-87B6-52FA940C2F82_zps

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I bet those motors would be great NA, some ITB's, raise the compression, some serious head work, balanced/knifed crank, I'd love the sound of a built boxer motor

What specs do you think they have now?

I thought they already were NA and pretty high compression.