Hood River Datsun Gathering

exit64

Hey guys,

A couple of us Roadster nuts in Hood River are having a get together April 19. This is open for all Datsuns, not just 311's. We are going to meet in the morning for a drive and then get together for a BBQ in the afternoon. That is Blossom Fest weekend so there is tons of other stuff to do if the spouse is not into the whole Datsun expirience. This is the first of hopefully many out here. The weather is usually very good that time of year and we have lots of smooth twisty roads. There is an ongoing thread about this over at http://www.311s.org in the events section. Hope some of you guys can make it. We are one hour east of Portland down I 84.

Mike

aka exit64

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the "Official Announcement" for the Hood River run in April. Hope some of you guys can make it. Next year we will use Pete's 411 for the poster art if he drives it down for a photo shoot. Rumor has it that he is almost road trip ready.

http://www.shiftco.com/hood_river_run/

Mike

aka exit64

Next year we will use Pete's 411 for the poster art if he drives it down for a photo shoot. Rumor has it that he is almost road trip ready.

Really? Damn, that's more motiviation to get it going. Umm, you do realize it's a 20-footer, right? :rolleyes:

Umm, you do realize it's a 20-footer, right? :rolleyes:

Yea, so am I. Hope you get her rolling for the weekend. If not, I should have an extra Roadster you can drive if you want. Almost got the 69 2000 squared away.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's your two week warning. Start making up your spousal excuses now. Also, an electric RC fly in at the museum Sat at 9 AM. AMA required if you want to fly. Leigh and I are still working out a route for the run. BBQ is shaping up nicely. Make if if you can or read about it later. See you here, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Leigh and I have decided to postpone this event due to the weather forecast calling for snow this weekend down to 500 ft level. High probability that we will get it here in the Gorge and the run that we have planned goes up to 2500 ft level so we are going to wait until the weather turns to the warm side. Sorry about that but better to wait than wreck a car on slick roads.

Mike

aka exit64

We are going to wait until it is a lot warmer. This is a bummer though as we had about 20 guys with their cars coming out. Should have done it last weekend when it was 80 out here in the Gorge. I will post the new date with plenty of lead time. We are pretty flexible so if we pick a date that you are working say the word and we will try and make it on one of your off weekends if you want to join up with us.