l20b exhaust manifold

i want the one header/down pipe version not the two pipe version. square or round port doesn't matter as long as it doesnt connect to the intake. pollution tubes are ok too. for my 75 620 i took all of the pollution control off it. pm me if you can help. i'm in tacoma.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have to be round port. All the square-port manifolds with single output are mated type. You CANNOT use a roundport exaust manifold with a squareport head, it'll cause too much exhaust turbulence from having a huge "ledge" and that'll burn the valves.

In any case, I've got a bunch. I'm in Tacoma (Parkland, actually).

yes the turbulence issue does concern me but i was told by tdaaj and a guy who owns a 521 that still works at nissan actually 3 people that the round exhaust on the square head will work as long as you use the square gasket. but i'm thinking of putting the old one back on or having my single pipe wacked and a dual welded on. but i think the dual output pipe is smaller round than the single output pipe. i really didn't want to put the round on the square anyway.

Guest DatsuNoob

does anyone have an intake manifold without emissions control crap? I need one so I can run my weber and header. How much? Let me know (253)359-6540. Thanks.

Guest DatsuNoob

Last I checked they got a couple older "pre-smog" 620's down there, don't much know if they got intakes or not because they dont inventory parts, but they said they got a few trucks down there. I just called last week.

I got a few L16 intakes

You can have 1 FREE

(No PAUL ,You had enough already!!!!!!!)But Paul has a L16 exhaust manifold if hes not using it

253 631 4226 Im in Covinton,Wa Ill be gone till Monday

Im sure Datsunaholic(Tacoma) or someone closer might have one also

Find a L16 Crank case tube so you can cut it and mate it to the L20 crankcase vent to and use the L16 hose to the PVC valve(thi is the way I do it)

I don't have any giveaway L16 manis... I have a couple engines in reconstruction stage and need them for those. Now that I have the Z24 wagon running I'm doing the 300,000 mile service on my '78 wagon (still runs fine, but l call it the Datsun Valdez for a reason...)

I have L20B manifolds up the yazoo.

Last I checked they got a couple older "pre-smog" 620's down there, don't much know if they got intakes or not because they dont inventory parts, but they said they got a few trucks down there. I just called last week.

What constitutes a 'pre smog' 620? All 620s had some smog control on them starting with a PCV valve, warmed intake air (ATC), dual points, evaporative control (carbon canister), BCCD, on and on. If you mean pre ERG, then before '74.

The biggest problem with the EGR system is that people don't keep them in proper running condition and that causes problems. In very simple terms vacuum is applied to the valve to open it and allow exhaust to enter the intake to reduce the combustion temperatures. That's it. It should not to be open when the motor is cold or idling, only at speed when warm. Carbon deposits can build and prevent the valve from closing properly (similar to an intake vacuum leak and will affect idling). To fix, just remove and wirebrush it clean. If a vacuum line falls off or is blocked in the EGR system, the EGR will simply stop working and remain in the closed position, that's all. As long as the valve is clean and seals properly you won't know it there or doing it's job, so leave the vacuum lines connected. If it is dirty and not closing properly, removing the vacuum lines won't change anything and the idle will still be rough. It's easier to look after it, than to replace the manifold or block it off.

If I was going to disable my EGR I would simply put a plug in the vacuum line from the carb, done. And if inspected, it appears to be a fully complete and opperating system.

Neither of my '74s had an EGR, unless both were modded. Neither were modded by someone who knew what they were doing, I assume both retained the original manifolds as they are EGR-less but slightly different from the L16 variety (one had a engine swap and the other a head swap).

But Paul has a L16 exhaust manifold if hes not using it

I gave one to ]2edeye...

thanks Hainz for all you've done...

I tried to give you a head for the seats you needed but you wouldn't take it when I was last up there...

now you're asking again for some???

I have them but you still have to take the whole head!

Guest DatsuNoob

hmmm, I just sent payment to Slodat for one the other day, I would have swung through Covington cause that's that's not very far from me, crap. Oh well, guess I wait for the mailman.

Guest DatsuNoob

Would I be able to swing by and pickup an intake this weekend? I gotta get my truck running fast, work is starting to really take off and I need to drive real soon. Free would be real nice too for a guy of my financial standing :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.