DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

50 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

salesSALE POSTPONED: RLC Exclusive '71 Datsun 510!

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES CURRENTLY BEYOND OUR CONTROL, today's sale has been postponed. We will provide updates as we are able and will announce new sale plans soon

I wasted about 40 minutes on this sale. Their website and ecommerce setup is a total joke.

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Draker said:

I wasted about 40 minutes on this sale. Their website and ecommerce setup is a total joke.

Yeah, had me scrambling with my computer to set my cookies, just to find out that it was already set for it. 

I guess the BOTS that people use to get multiple sales kept throwing up the "Cookies" message. 

Read up on it here...

https://orangetrackdiecast.com/2020/06/09/please-enable-cookies-to-continue-datsun-510-sale-goes-awry-postponed-until-6-11/

Edited by Jesse C.
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Draker said:

Well the RLC sale this morning went GREAT! So smooth.

Once I figured out I had to touch the Details button, it went really smooth and quick! I only managed to get one, maybe because I lagged, but I am overall very happy with the experience. 

It sold out in 7 minutes! And I am glad that those that scored it the first time where kept from buying it again! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VFR800 said:

104430084-618576105680547-35610994157043

And yes, someone will be stupid enough to buy it. Low or high numbers just mean bragging rights, not the quality of the item, especially for something that is mass produced, 15,000 so far, and the only ones are the scalpers who make a big thing about it. Whatever number mine turns out to be will not differ much from this one, just the number will be different. 

And it is low, I might just brag about it, but so what. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Missus Kelmo found the Silvia, I found the Dime.

The Silvia is in the series that has the 1200 Ute..which I would ALMOST orally gratify a long cylindrical object for.

uqEXdjl.jpg

• Like 5

I’ve been hunting for that orange 510 and the 1200 Ute. No luck so far.

also haven’t received my rlc membership car or 510 yet. 

I tried to buy the rlc mustang and they botched  that sale as well. They had a bug that automatically canceled a bunch of orders a minute after you bought and paid. Then they sold it to someone else since there was a limited amount for sale. It’s just laughable.

im not mad though, I was just going to flip the mustang. 

The local Kroger here, where I usually score all the new Hot Wheels, had just put out a whole display of the Japan Historics. I know because I had been there the night before and they were not there. It was like 1pm the next day and they had every damn car, not one missing EXCEPT the Sunny. Some bastard went in there and bought every single one, that's been like a month and a half ago and I'm still pissed. That white and green dime that Kelmo posted is sweeeeeeeet!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Draker said:

I’ve been hunting for that orange 510 and the 1200 Ute. No luck so far.

also haven’t received my rlc membership car or 510 yet. 

I tried to buy the rlc mustang and they botched  that sale as well. They had a bug that automatically canceled a bunch of orders a minute after you bought and paid. Then they sold it to someone else since there was a limited amount for sale. It’s just laughable.

im not mad though, I was just going to flip the mustang. 

Luckily I found the Ute recently, just as I was about to order them online. 

As for the Mustang, I had two of them canceled on my, and I just received the free promo code for the next sale, which is this Tuesday. After the 510 Sale I thought they had it handled, but apparently not! 

And yes, my RLC Membership car, for one of my accounts, still hasn't shipped. 

4 hours ago, AlexDeLarge said:

The local Kroger here, where I usually score all the new Hot Wheels, had just put out a whole display of the Japan Historics. I know because I had been there the night before and they were not there. It was like 1pm the next day and they had every damn car, not one missing EXCEPT the Sunny. Some bastard went in there and bought every single one, that's been like a month and a half ago and I'm still pissed. That white and green dime that Kelmo posted is sweeeeeeeet!

Someone on the inside is hooking someone up on fresh shippers. I have the same problem with my local Ralph's market. I showed up one day as the guy was wheeling them out as some guy was digging through them! I started looking and the guy got all uppity, I told him to fuck off and get out of my way! 

These Scalpers/Hoarders are really messing it up for collectors. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...