DATSUN HOTWHEELS (and some other ones)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have been collecting the Datsun 510 hot wheels since they came out recently and maybe you guys know or not, why are they so pricey now?  I have blue, gray, red, white and yellow ones and even the wagon blvd something.  I also have the GTRs and Trucks.

• Like 2

Ive noticed them on ebay and amazon for like 12 bucks or so and the blvd. Wagons are like 70 or more. Yes u can buy them for a dollar but some are no longer available or they have have different paint scheme

• Like 2

Thats not what i meant. I meant u used to be able to buy them for a dollar and the paint scheme has change. And now when u go to ebay and amazon,they are like 20 dollars each. And the blv ones are like 70 or more

• Like 2

Supply and demand, simple as that. The supply of regular price on the hook pieces is drying up and those that bought them up are now selling to those who hesitated or missed out. It comes down to how bad do you want one. It also did not help that some areas did not get any of the choice versions or proved very difficult to find. 

Some have skyrocketed on speculation alone and have come down quite a bit. The Red Line Club BRE 240Z came out high but has flattened out pretty low, about $50 and up. As opposed to the BRE 510, which is commanding over $200

So yes, get what you can when you can. And if you missed out, then get ready to pay a premium for them. 

• Like 3

Thank you Jesse C. for clarifying that makes sense. I assumed they were highly priced and yes supply and demand. And with Hotwheels they are very smart about having different paint schemes and/or variations (BRE and Blvd.) and treasure hunts. 

I have not been keeping up with my HotWheels collection like I used to so I figure I asked Ratsun members to see what the reasons were.   I have quiet a bit and maybe will starts selling them. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...