looking for r16 gaskets?

i cant seem to find em anywhere. can u roadster guys point me in the right direction. i need head, oil pan, water pump, valve cover, intake and exhaust, thermostat, and one for the distributor if there is one?

any help is greatly appreciated

erich

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a R16 engine anymore, I have 2 head and valve cover gaskets, along with a bunch of other R16 gaskets, some of it is interchangable like the SU carb insulators and such, so I could send you what I have that you need. I do not know what the waterpump gasket looks like, nor the distibuter one, do they look like the U20 ones? Let me know what you want to do, if you have old gaskets that you could send a photo of I might be able to match them. There are also some datsun roadster supply companys such as rallyee roadster, dr. datsun, and sports imports that have everything you need, but they are a bit spendy sometimes. I do have R16 gaskets that I will never use though. wayno

As I posted in one of your many entries, Payen distributed by Repco part numbers FJ090 or FL093 are complete gasket sets. Every gasket, and of the best correct configuration, to completely rebuild a 1600cc type R engine. The differences are in extra gaskets to accomodate late metric vs SAE engines. Doesn't matter! either set will rebuild your RL411 engine, you just might have a few "what the hell are these" gaskets left over. Local auto parts shops can order. Mom and Pop shops will give better service. You will most likely have the thermostat gasket set for the roadster version, it won't fit the RL411, use a MOPAR gasket, perfect fit.

Hey erichwaslike, I think it would be best if you ordered what you need from someone who knows what gaskets you need, I don't know what the thermostat gasket on the R16 block looks like, neither do I know about the looks of the dist. base gasket. If you were to send me photos of the base of the therm. and dist. housings I could probably figure it out, but the time it would take to figure all of it out might be too time consuming, I have the head, valve cover, and water pump to block ones figured out, and the rest I do not have, so you would have to order them anyway. wayno