do i have flipped crossmember???

Guna try to make this short. was looking at my crossmember and KA swap and it had welds on it. Do i have a flipped front cross member for a KA swap? i dont think its facing the right way so ill probably have to turn it 180 degress(but idk). My car has a L20, and ive read you have to flip it if you dont want to use the l16 oil pan. Can anyone help and tell me what i can do?

DSC_0516.jpg?t=1305236552

DSC_0520.jpg?t=1305237014

DSC_0525.jpg?t=1305237070

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to put a KA/SR in a 510 you run 620 motor mounts( they are taller than 510 ones)

for teh crossmember, you can go a couple different routes......buy one from a shop, some people build custom ones(I'm one of them), or you can "flip" your factory one. but when people "flip" the crossmember they are not just spinning it around. you build a jig and tehn cut the center section out and flip that part and then re weld it back together.

• 2 months later...

You cannot run a modified oil pan on a SR since the pick up tube is mounted in the front plus you have no provisions for fabing up a pan in the rear. SR pan is pretty small.

Almost every Nissan engine has the pick up mounted in the front, that is where the oil pumps are.

If you actually measure out a 510 cross member their tapered. Or mount on a angle. If ya flip the cross member and then just flip the tubes I dont think it will bolt back on and your alignment would be pretty goofy. Its been a while since I actually looked at one in detail cause I thought about making brand new ones. I made a jig from one and flipped it backwards once and was like well that doesnt fit wtf, thats when noticed their is a taper built into them.

If you actually measure out a 510 cross member their tapered. Or mount on a angle. If ya flip the cross member and then just flip the tubes I dont think it will bolt back on and your alignment would be pretty goofy. Its been a while since I actually looked at one in detail cause I thought about making brand new ones. I made a jig from one and flipped it backwards once and was like well that doesnt fit wtf, thats when noticed their is a taper built into them.

i know a few crs running like this mine is about to be one of them.the trick is cut the sleeves out with hole saw flip and weld my bad i left that part out

2011-05-18173042.jpg

i think when i do the rack i am going to make a cross member like Chris makes or just have him make me one and add mounts for a rack