sloppy shifter...bushings...

jchristians

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is the same shifter as the 510/610/710/A10 and was on the early 240z cars and 620 truck. I'll try to post a picture of it tonight that shows the worst areas for wear. You can use a bolt with washers down below the rubber cones. Too hard to discribe, picture is better.

The two cone shaped #8 parts need replacing, or have someone lathe some out of polly or wood.

The #9 pin can be replaced with a nut and bolt and the fingers on each side 'squeezed' inward against the #20 striker rod. Do not over tighten or it won't shift.

The #15 bushing and #17 pin may also be worn.

620stuff001Large-2.jpg

the fork on the right of the number 35 needs to be taken out and put in a vice and squeezed back to a tighter spec. i usually tighten mine till i have to tap it back down on the shaft to put it back on.

first remove roll pin number 12 with a punch or nail

2nd remove pin number 17 with a flat tip screw driver

3rd after squeezing the fork with a vice make sure the spring (number 14? is there on reassembly) the spring is usually missing on really sloppy shifters.

when i do mine later this year i plan to do a write up. i've done this on 3 521 trucks start buying those little shifter parts on nissanparts.cc while they still have them.