521 Wing Window Seals

albyneau

If you found this thread, you're looking for something that's nearly impossible to find, my friend! If you're desperate and poor, try the junk yards. If you've got more money than time, check our forum here~ a nice fella by the name "620green" sends a lot of stuff our way from Thailand. Some NOS, some repops, and be sittin down for shipping~ it comes from the other side of reality! Now, back to the poor side... If you've got more time than money, here's a novel thought~ go back to said JY with a tape measure, and maybe even a cardboard template of your wing window. Find a JY with a bunch of old classic cars, and I bet you'll find one that you just might be able to trim up a bit and make fit~ as lng as you're good with an X-acto knife! Another option might be to eliminate the wing window by replacing the hinged glass with a fixed piece of plexiglass or lexan. And lastly, if you have lots of both time AND money, there's the possibility of eliminating the wing altogether, modifying the front glass track,and replacing the 521 glass w/ 620 glass. That might also involve the delicate and patient services of a well-qualified glass man, as modifying safety glass is a royal bitch~ but you'd have one truly unique ride! I've done work like this before, and sometimes it takes two full sets of doors to make it happen~ yours and the donor-doors.

Of course if you're *really* desperate~ there's always duct tape and Saran wrap... JK

Scott

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...