• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any of u guys give me info on how to get the rear end low

While still having rear sup and not sitting on the bump stops and

How much was added to the front useing a non moded front ARM

Block kit in the rear, and then cut the lower half of the overload/bumpstops off so it is just a "O" instead of a "8", but you will not be able to use it as a traditional truck anymore.

I am not sure what this last sentence means, "How much was added to the front useing a non moded front ARM".

Keep in mind, the lower you go, the shittier the ride, but it looks cool.

Wayno, I actually removed the front bump stops from the front and used them on the rear to gain a little more drop than just cutting the rears but am sitting on those. I'm thinking a C notch os going to be in order.

So if 720 4x4 springs lower a 521, then will 521 springs put more lift on a 720 4x4? I know the 521 springs look more light duty, but I think you could keep the 720 4x4 overload springs with the 521 main springs...

I just happen to have a 521 and a 720 4x4. :-)

From my understanding with 620 leafs yes. I am not to familiar with the 521 leafs but pretty sure it would give you lift.

Wayno, I actually removed the front bump stops and used them on the rear to gain a little more drop than just cutting the rears but am sitting on those. I'm thinking a C notch os going to be in order.

If you want a decent ride in the rear and your sitting on the frame/bumpstops now, then a C notch is the next ave.

I am also going to have to C notch the 521KC if I want to haul anything, when I went to califronia to pick up the 320 windshields, I was bottoming out the whole way back, it sucked because I could see it coming, but there was no damage.

If you removed the front bumpstops, what did you do about the alingment issues being that low, this is a 521 we are talking about, correct?

All my 521s except the work truck are on 720 frames BTW, and I am not trying to lower the work truck.

This is what brian D did to his frame.

Not sure if I would do it this way, but he says he has been doing this kind of thing for years.

30dba4eb.jpg

From my understanding with 620 leafs yes. I am not to familiar with the 521 leafs but pretty sure it would give you lift.

I use 521 leafs on most of my vehicles, they have the firmest ride.

If your looking to lower your 521 ride, you can lower it a little by using 720 4X4 rear leafs, as they have less arch in them, and they were designed to only have two to start with, it's a lot better way to go than removing leafs out of the stock 521 leafset.

culd u ever drift in a 521 just woundering haha

WHY????NO!!!!!

yes u could. should u... yes. anything rwd can drift given enough power and ebrake or clutch kick. im drifting a 411 currently(as i type lol) and its the same basic setup cept u have torsion bars and i have springs. but the rear is the same setup.

If you removed the front bumpstops, what did you do about the alingment issues being that low, this is a 521 we are talking about, correct?

Not sure if I would do it this way, but he says he has been doing this kind of thing for years.

30dba4eb.jpg

No bump stops up front at all anymore. Haven't driven the truck yet to see if it'll bottom out in the front so time will tell.

Yes, that's the way we used to notch them back in the day. Cut out for clearance then weld in a chunk of pipe to add strength.

Guess if I notch it a "how to" may be in order.

I use 521 leafs on most of my vehicles, they have the firmest ride.

If your looking to lower your 521 ride, you can lower it a little by using 720 4X4 rear leafs, as they have less arch in them, and they were designed to only have two to start with, it's a lot better way to go than removing leafs out of the stock 521 leafset.

What's the estimated gravity adjustment using the 720's?

What's the estimated gravity adjustment using the 720's?

I am sure the 720 weighs more than the 521 back there, but pulling leafs out of the 521 spring pack is not that great of an idea, just go with the flatter 720 4X4 double leaf and start using blocks to get it moar loar.

If your really wanting to get it down, where every inch counts, then go to a spring manufacturer and have them make a perfectly flat leaf setup with reversed eyelets on the ends of the main leaf, and then knotch the frame.

If your looking for lower than that, go 3 or 4 point and bag it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure the 720 weighs more than the 521 back there, but pulling leafs out of the 521 spring pack is not that great of an idea, just go with the flatter 720 4X4 double leaf and start using blocks to get it moar loar.

If your really wanting to get it down, where every inch counts, then go to a spring manufacturer and have them make a perfectly flat leaf setup with reversed eyelets on the ends of the main leaf, and then knotch the frame.

If your looking for lower than that, go 3 or 4 point and bag it.

What if I go with these?: http://www.autoacces...ech-Leaf-Spring

I'm thinking these, with either a 1" or 1/2" taper block and a square c-notch (so i can put poly bumpstops IN the notch).

My old drop was 4" worth of blocks and the scrub line was really bad...

Jon 521 just go a little more lower in the front. Take out the rubber stop. Youll be fine

Truck looks good.'

I bet Pregmant women/and Children throw Flowers at you when you drive down the road

Very clean 521

Thanks guys! It's getting there :)

Banzai, i already took the front stops out. And the tornsion bars are about as far as they will go

ok i just finished my 70 521 ill get a pic of it up today now that i got all four wheels on it now and paint done to. the rear end is the stock 3 leaf pack with 4 in blocks and a static drop with reindex up front tucking rubber with no bumps all the way around bout to go to mono leaf and air aduj shocks (highjackers) to pick it up a lil in need to be and thinking of placing an order for the lower Z arms for the front im trying to go low with out cutting it up and the wife wont let me cut it t all