fuel tank , im a dummy, udate! need opinions

If you were still going to upsize your fuel line, 3/8 brake line works great that's what I used, just cut the ends off, then you dont have to worry about something from the road cutting your rubber hose, or rubbing through it anywhere. it's cheap as hell too :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had to deal with this problem on my truck. It had set for about 6 years and was rusty inside. I took out the tank, filled it with water and welded up a pinhole. Then I put in a bunch of nuts and bolts and POR15 tank stripper, sealed it up and shook the hell out of it for a while. After I got it clean inside, I primed it and sealed it up inside with POR15 tank sealer. POR15 makes a great kit for repairing and sealing gas tanks. The gas pickup tube was clogged up and no regular stiff wire will make the bend to reach inside, but I used a bass guitar string (flexible) and pushed and twisted until I got the line cleaned out. Looking inside the tank, I could see the end of the metal line was within 1/8" of the bottom of the tank. I bent it up to get about 3/8" clearance off the bottom of the tank. I did this to keep from sucking up any debris laying in the bottom of the tank. Datsuns do not have a filter sock at the end of the pickup tube(at least mine doesn't). DO NOT run rubber fuel hose the full length from the tank to the front. This is asking for trouble. If your steel fuel lines are clogged, replace them and keep the rubber to a minimum, just like the factory.