HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i can't find mine, i'll definitly take you up on that offer!!

:) if you let me borrow then it would be much appreciated :D

You've earned yerself a free ride in my Z!! (when it's finished.... In 5 years..... Worth the wait.... :D)

Jk if I have a tool (I can has a little bit) that you would ever need I will let you or anyone local use as well!!

My welds are meh..

I'll try my best to weld it is whatever you need!!!

Unless its like 20 gauge metal, Ima warp that sumbitch, out of the couple times I've welded, I've never warped anything, so I guess I'm doing it right lol

Oh and IF I need them, I will mos def tell you.

No rush right now cause I'm driving the 521 to school, so I'll try to find my set first. I found a snap on one for front coils but I'm not sure how it would work on Datsuns cause the coil sits on the strut.

I just need a custom grill. Some thin pipe, I can cut, measure everything. Just some little welds here and there. :)

We'll see what happens, I have no idea when I'm gonna start on it. If it's not possible, don't even worry about it. It's not a big deal just an idea. :lol:

I keep trying to get a welder, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Lolz.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 521 back!!!!!!

FUCK I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

Clutch doesn't fully engage as there isn't enough pedal travel... would I adjust the slave cylinder??? or on the pedal?

drove it on the street a for maybe 30 sec before I said fawk that cause I felt like the clutch wasn't fully grabbing and slipping....

GOD DAMMIT I'm gonna drive a DATSUN!

You can adjust the slave. Get under the truck, there is a nut on the shaft (lol) of the slave cylinder, It adjust quickly, so maybe 1.5-2 turns out (like nut towards rear of truck). Try that and report back!

Right on :cool:

How does it feel? :lol:

Clutch system bleed properly? At master than slave :unsure:

New master, and slave is A ok, bled properly ;)

You can adjust the slave. Get under the truck, there is a nut on the shaft (lol) of the slave cylinder, It adjust quickly, so maybe 1.5-2 turns out (like nut towards rear of truck). Try that and report back!

I figured,

Truck is far far away, not at home.. and it's friggin cold! and windy! :hmm:

All i need is that and the truck is road worthy!

and blinkers, but that's ok cause I can use my hands... not that i'll ever be infront of anybody, i'll usually be behind of traffic :lol:

oh don't forget the bischesss ^_^

I need a new clutch, or the clutch is still not engaging properly....

Laecaon, was I supposed to adjust the nut towards the back? because I adjust towards the front tilting the fork backwards, which in my mind at least would engage the clutch earlier????

or am I overthinking it?I think I fucked up.

i'll try adjust the other way to see if it fixes the problem.

I think my mind was thinking wrong, definitely forward.

it fixed the problem temporarily... then when i went to go drive it on the street....

it started sputtering and stalling...

then once i got that figured out....

the clutch is still slipping..

lol.

I adjusted the slave to the point where i can't put it in reverse without it grinding..

• 2 weeks later...

Brakes still suck....

So I ordered master brake cylinder for the dime,

and clutch, t/o bearing, and slave for the 521...

I wanna do away with the J13...

I'm gonna need a new carb, and i'm probably going to get a Weber... but maybe... i should just do a LZ22 for the truck.. Or KA24DE

The latter is available but has a grinding noise on the intake cam side, it seems to be under the valve cover..