HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't hear me say it but i said... "FUCK YEAH!" cause it actually turned off without me having to pull the wire off of the dizzy :rofl:

i get my radiator for my 521 back tomorrow!! :w00t:

:lol: hahaha .... projects go this way .... ti's a-ok mannnnn ( Jamaican accent)

Mmmmmmmm .... clean radiator ( insert Homer drooling mental oics)

The muffler guy had no room in his shop, so i have to wait till next week, and now i have no money, cause i just ordered parts for the 521 from rockauto.. :lol:

figured i'd get some oics of the Z gonna start on it soon, damn PO lied to me there is cancer on the floorpans :D oh well, i paid next to nothing for this!!

You can't really see, but the floor pan have like a bubble shape as if it where pushed up, time to replace floorboards! YAY!! <_<

e4a2dafe.jpg

6b57f07a.jpg

6ae37b8f.jpg

0525e5cb.jpg

Check out the growth

2451d43b.jpg

eb9bf5e4.jpg

More oics! !!!! Of z..... :D

Floor pans not too bad if not badly rusted out lol

Grab yourself some por-15, rustbullet, or some rust coating system before starting

Also a welding blanket

floor jack, and various blocks of wood ( if going from bottom)

various sets of hammers, ,,, and a bfh lol

Rivet gun helps lots!

nozzle dip is a saver ....

There is weldable primer if needed :)

Also .... research seam sealers ..... for sure .... philcas recommends two part "sem"seam sealer and special application gun is spending :/.

I just got done doing my 240z drivers side floor pan after mig was finally fixed lol ( no gas) but its fixed! Lol yay ....

I should have butt welded, but couldn't help myself lol

I am putting in and cutting my own pans for extra frame bracing, running larger/thicker frame, and setting up for 4-link...

^^^ if your thinking big power .... straight six or not .... things to consider and incorporate :)

More oics! !!!! Of z..... :D

Floor pans not too bad if not badly rusted out lol

Grab yourself some por-15, rustbullet, or some rust coating system before starting

Also a welding blanket

floor jack, and various blocks of wood ( if going from bottom)

various sets of hammers, ,,, and a bfh lol

Rivet gun helps lots!

nozzle dip is a saver ....

There is weldable primer if needed :)

Also .... research seam sealers ..... for sure .... philcas recommends two part semi seam sealer and special application gun is spending :/.

I just got done doing my 240z drivers side floor pan after mig ( no gas) but its fixed! Lol yay ....

I should have butt welded, but couldn't help myself lol

I am putting in and cutting my own pans for extra frame bracing, running larger/thicker frame, and setting up for 4-link...

^^^ if your thinking big power .... straight six or not .... things to consider and incorporate :)

Great minds think alike!!!!

:sneaky:

i've been reading hot to hot rod and race your Datsun for chassis reinforcement.. not quite ready as i suck taking measurements and cutting and having things align.. but i plan on addressing these issues when i take welding classes B)

oh and i can brush up on my Geometry! i already forgot it :lol: floor pans are fubar in the sense of dents and stuff, i'll run it like that for a while, but my main concern is the wiring.. its everywhere... there are loose connections everywhere and i think i'd be better off starting over.. lol it's that bad

Haha ... that they do ... that they do :cool:

Yup ... wiring is #1 ... for sure ... i think 240z harnesses could be year specific ... sounds close ... don't quote me

clean up wiring in engine bay first ... then trace back

If you have plating, drill press, and chop saw .... build yourself a couple of strut tower bars then go from there :)

make sure the damn windshield is sealed to lol ... ( ruins everything! !! )

And cowl lip to firewall! Can rust through if cowl vents are plugged errrr

Measuring? The fawkz that? .... :lol:

also you can rig your self a cheaply sheetmetal brake out of angle iron, c clamps, and sturdy flat table

Grab a few of vise grips and weld plates on the ends of them ( different angles for bending, you will see what you need)

Soapstone and paint-markers are your friends .... screw measuring :lol: jk

Yeah the push up on pan is either some Derp jacked up on it ...

or the car twisting ... ( no worries ... they all do it lol )

Jegs, summitracing, and speedway have cheap priced four link brackets, panhead bar brackets, ball ends, jam nuts, and shorthand coil oversea( ain't cheap lol)

Haha ... that they do ... that they do :cool:

Yup ... wiring is #1 ... for sure ... i think 240z harnesses could be year specific ... sounds close ... don't quote me

clean up wiring in engine bay first ... then trace back

If you have plating, drill press, and chop saw .... build yourself a couple of strut tower bars then go from there :)

make sure the damn windshield is sealed to lol ... ( ruins everything! !! )

And cowl lip to firewall! Can rust through if cowl vents are plugged errrr

Measuring? The fawkz that? .... :lol:

also you can rig your self a cheaply sheetmetal brake out of angle iron, c clamps, and sturdy flat table

Grab a few of vise grips and weld plates on the ends of them ( different angles for bending, you will see what you need)

Soapstone and paint-markers are your friends .... screw measuring :lol: jk

Yeah the push up on pan is either some Derp jacked up on it ...

or the car twisting ... ( no worries ... they all do it lol )

Jegs, summitracing, and speedway have cheap priced four link brackets, panhead bar brackets, ball ends, jam nuts, and shorthand coil oversea( ain't cheap lol)

Good idea DTP!!

i'll make strut bar to see if i'm good enough for this fab work :lol:

I has drill press and table saw that's all i need right? lol

I weld with this, it's good enough

b0f426e0.jpg

Good idea DTP!!

i'll make strut bar to see if i'm good enough for this fab work :lol:

I has drill press and table saw that's all i need right? lol

I weld with this, it's good enough

b0f426e0.jpg

Nice :cool:

As long as it cuts meh-tall .... :D

I am spoiled... metal cut off saw .... crapsman 4.5grinder with cut off wheels <---- lifesaver !!!!

Metal blade band saw ( sharp) will work nicely too.

After you see my welding floorpan update in my build thread ... your confidence will rise 1,000%...... :rofl:

Camera function broken errrrrr ....

Its an adiction ive had since i was a boy, i cant help it :lol:

Good news, i found the Z31 a good home. She will be running in tip top shape and drived daily.

I purged and bled my brakes on my dime yesterday, still no brakes :huh:

Moar good news, my internets ran out, wont be hearing much from me :lol:

Its an adiction ive had since i was a boy, i cant help it :lol:

Good news, i found the Z31 a good home. She will be running in tip top shape and drived daily.

I purged and bled my brakes on my dime yesterday, still no brakes :huh:

Moar good news, my internets ran out, wont be hearing much from me :lol:

On dime

*If master cylinder replaced ....

possibly pushrod adjustment between it and brake booster is incorrect clearance.

*Inspect your brake booster "check valve ".... ( located on vacuum hose leading from engine intake manifold to brake booster

*Also ... remember "remanufactured".... means higher defective rate .... even some new parts nowadays are shit quality and have to be returned just as much

*Make sure to bench bleed master cylinder

*Calipers frozen or blown?

*swollen or leaking rubber hose or hard line?

* what brand of master cylinder?

* wheel cylinders blown?

On dime

*If master cylinder replaced ....

possibly pushrod adjustment between it and brake booster is incorrect clearance.

*Inspect your brake booster "check valve ".... ( located on vacuum hose leading from engine intake manifold to brake booster

*Also ... remember "remanufactured".... means higher defective rate .... even some new parts nowadays are shit quality and have to be returned just as much

*Make sure to bench bleed master cylinder

*Calipers frozen or blown?

*swollen or leaking rubber hose or hard line?

* what brand of master cylinder?

* wheel cylinders blown?

I don't have power brakes :lol:

I lost all brake pressure when i bled the back passenger drum...

and i regain brake pressure when i pump the brakes repeatedly, then instantly lose it.

i'm gonna rebleed everything again :lol:

after i take out the powersteering pump from my dad's Monte Carlo... those 305 heads suck <_<

Still haven't taken teh dime to the exhaust shop :frantics: :no:

Got parts for the 521 though

Shoes, Master brake, Master Clutch cylinder, and return springs for the drums, since the ones inside are probably worn.

171ecc18.jpg

Haha,...,awesome seat ... yo!!!!!!

They look good on the 521 :cool:

Thanks DTP!

I'm going with lower profile wheels and baby moon caps as well as the rings! i'll maybe paint the rims, dunno what color yet :lol:

DTP WE NEED UPDATES ON YER Z!

Thanks DTP!

I'm going with lower profile wheels and baby moon caps as well as the rings! i'll maybe paint the rims, dunno what color yet :lol:

DTP WE NEED UPDATES ON YER Z!

I like ...Nice choice! :cool:

Blue ... :lol:

Ohhhhh there will be ... muahaha ... fly or fall on mine naow ... ollz