GRIMACE

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, Tony and I got to visit with Gene and His Father yesterday here in BHC ! ! Gene and His Dad had been to a MOPAR event in Las Vegas and decided to stop by. Glad 'Ya did ! ! !

Good times ! ! !

worked on grimace today, stripped off chrome in a can paint that i painted on my rear differential, painted it flat black, painted shocks flat aluminum, painted bed bottom sides and wheel wells purple, cleaned cat stains off from back of cab and repainted purple, installed temp license plate bracket, put bed back on frame. leftsideofbedwheelwell.jpgsideviewwithbedon.jpgpicofbedfromrearview.jpgrightsideofbedwheelwell-1.jpgrepaintedreardifferential.jpginstalledlicenseplate.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

here are some recent pix of what i have been doing lately. since everybody that has a 521 paints tail light frames black i went a different color scheme and black will clash with purple paint so i used flat aluminum paint instead and it looks great against the purple don't you agree? 100_2442.jpg100_2441.jpg100_2440.jpg100_2438.jpg100_2434.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

well i haven't been posting new updates for awhile. been busy trying to find a new job b4 i quit the job i am at right now. i had a running issue with grimace it seems that i had to jump start it and after running awhile it would just quit and i had to jump start it again but it had a hard time to get running. i took alternator to checker's had it tested 3 x passed, so took battery to get tested no beuno/failed won't take a charge. got good replacement battery still no beuno on running, replaced voltage regulator got it started but then quit again, talked to dr.510 here in hell/phoenix, he said to replace matchbox with a hei module and wire it up according to instructions that someone did a write up on the forums. did that with the help of fun5ten(ben) then it quit again, it looks like it isn't getting fuel this time, so bypass fuel filter then got it running again for now so why is it that i have all new parts(fuel pump,filter, fuel lines, battery, alternator, module) and have this issue. any ideas would be helpful and yes the timing and carburator are in sync/ have gas

See the big bolt/nut on the bottom of the carb fuel inlet, there is a screen in there, check it for debris clogging it, this is a photo of a webber, but most carbs have a screen of some type.

DSCN0218.jpg

Did you have your fuel tank cleaned out, sometimes rust gets caught on the end of the pickup tube and starves the carb, I had this happen before with a full tank of fuel.

dr.510 went thru the carb and put a fresh kit in it. it looks like the fuel filter is not getting full like it was before, like i stated before i have all new parts, gas tank cleaned out at radiator shop.

well i haven't been posting new updates for awhile. been busy trying to find a new job b4 i quit the job i am at right now. i had a running issue with grimace it seems that i had to jump start it and after running awhile it would just quit and i had to jump start it again but it had a hard time to get running. i took alternator to checker's had it tested 3 x passed, so took battery to get tested no beuno/failed won't take a charge. got good replacement battery still no beuno on running, replaced voltage regulator got it started but then quit again, talked to dr.510 here in hell/phoenix, he said to replace matchbox with a hei module and wire it up according to instructions that someone did a write up on the forums. did that with the help of fun5ten(ben) then it quit again, it looks like it isn't getting fuel this time, so bypass fuel filter then got it running again for now so why is it that i have all new parts(fuel pump,filter, fuel lines, battery, alternator, module) and have this issue. any ideas would be helpful and yes the timing and carburator are in sync/ have gas

Gene is the fuel filter in line between fuel pump & carb?

• 2 weeks later...

worked on grimace this past weekend, me and my nephew replace the 3" blocks and replaced them with 4" blocks, i think i got the reverse lights back to working again, i checked on another 521 fuse block and wires to it and noticed i had them on the wrong fuse, but they was working while wired to another fuse, so what gives. primed and painted and mounted railing on bed of truck where cab and front of bed meet. have pix but i need to upload them, got valve cover polished and clear coated also

well worked on grimace today i think i figured out why fuel filter was not working right. low on fuel in gas can. did some cleaning up on wiring in engine bay, did some bodywork on tailgate before it started getting friggin hot hopefully it wont be hot or raining on monday so i can rebleed brakes and repolish rims and finish primering inside of bed.

well me and my nephew bleed brakes, repolished rims, and prepped/primed inside of bed, went to industrial metal here in phoenix and got a 17" x 52" 12 gauge flat piece of metal for my custom tailgate modification. got pix need to upload them. got with tom(dat620) tonight to discuss options of dehooking bedsides and tailgate and spraying bedliner options + installing future tie downs from a nissan frontier or a titan. let me know what you think about it

the paint is gonna be plum crazy purple from a mopar color code chart. bed hooks have a habit of ripping shirts/getting caught on belt loops from your pants/shorts so that is why i am considering of dehooking them