GRIMACE

well had an issue again with reverse light not working. the driver side works but passenger side was not. i have new bulbs installed, ran a separate ground wire to insure proper ground, i checked socket with test light and it was working but not light bulb, replaced bulb still no change. so me and charlie did some testing of wiring harness and found that the black ground wire that goes into light socket maybe the problem. so i removed harness from housing and checked black wire for broken contacts, none found but the black wire is connected to metal bulb socket and was dirty/corroded. so me and charlie tested other wiring harness that i have and found 1 that works so i cleaned sockets from corrosion/rust and put in new bulbs and then reinstalled back into tail light housing and made sure that all lights work, so far everything works  

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got my led lights today and tonight when i got home from work at airport i removed the green plastic cups that are on cluster and installed  (2) - green led lights for turn signals/hazard lights, (2) - red led lights for ignition/oil light, (1) - blue led light for high beams, (4) - natural white led light for gauges, and let me tell you guys it make a whole of difference when looking at gauges...sorry no pix tonight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

been awhile since i updated anything on grimace. well i installed custom metal plate between tail light and installed monza exhaust tips today with help from Charlie 69.

here is a recent pic.

bth_100_2570.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks PCD: I was kinda going towards that Ferrari or corvette look. 

I haven't done much on grimace lately due to it getting so friggin hot and plus busy at work cuz people have quit. my plans were to do that exhaust set up but use my vw stinger instead. then I got a crazy idea to do a tilt bed, but if I use this current exhaust setup I won't be able to do tilt bed then unless I notch out were exhaust tips go so it will clear them when I raise/lower bed. I was planning on tilting bed to the right before I did the current modification for exhaust. see pic in post# 135. any suggestions before I finish welding up exhaust.

idk ryan. when I get some time off from work and this heat. so I can get back to it and get it ready. when are we gonna start having tech days in the desert Datsun club? I know we do but it is either working on zcars or 510's. I haven't heard anybody willing to work/help out on trucks in the club

I talked with tom(dat620), charlie69, slam(Daniel) and confirmed that we are just gonna show up for 1 day probably that Saturday and hang out before we head back. but if things change I will let you know

• 3 months later...

well here's what has been going with grimace recently. I just got done installing door locks/rods with new plastic rod clips tonight, I removed tail gate handles and repainted them with stainless steel paint that was reffered by nevtony.  I repainted the following items: tail light metal frames, ashtray, glove box latch, plastic around instrument cluster, tail gate chains and put new plastic 1" clear shrink tube on them, installed front bumper also. I can post pix later

• 3 weeks later...

well went and took grimace to suspension shop today, got king pins rebuilt, alignment done, and had them adjust drivers side torsion bar bolts, bought new battery cable, had alternator tested, and battery recharged.