gene knight

my 521 project formally known as grimace

I found a guy who will be coming out Monday to begin to prep my 521 for paint and has been in business for 20 years and since I have all my paint and supplies he said he could do the job for 1k and cut/buff afterwards so hopefully have it ready for July 14th bbq in Fontana 

i found 2 guys that can paint my 521 but 1 guy won't be able to do it until mid june and i stopped by his place to check out his work on saturday and he has some awesome samples of his work, in fact 2 of his rides go to the severed ties /art of noize events here in phoenix, he has mazda trucks.  both guys are aware that i have my paint and supplies and i have shown them pix or they came by to look at my 521 to get a better sense of what needs to be done. both are in same price range also and time frame

so grimace is next in line at paint shop, guy  who has mazda mini truck is working on a newer camaro and should be ready to take my 521 to shop at end of month

grimace is at paint shop and painter will get busy on it next week he will send me updates on it

well talked with the new painter today, well  the previous painter who i had work on my 521 back in 2017 only to find out he is a tweaker had did a shitty job, there are pin holes in the bondo and  thru out the whole body looks like he used to much hardener and now it all has to be stripped/removed.

• Sad 1