gene knight

my 521 project formally known as grimace

I found a guy who will be coming out Monday to begin to prep my 521 for paint and has been in business for 20 years and since I have all my paint and supplies he said he could do the job for 1k and cut/buff afterwards so hopefully have it ready for July 14th bbq in Fontana 

• Like 1

i found 2 guys that can paint my 521 but 1 guy won't be able to do it until mid june and i stopped by his place to check out his work on saturday and he has some awesome samples of his work, in fact 2 of his rides go to the severed ties /art of noize events here in phoenix, he has mazda trucks.  both guys are aware that i have my paint and supplies and i have shown them pix or they came by to look at my 521 to get a better sense of what needs to be done. both are in same price range also and time frame

• Like 1

so grimace is next in line at paint shop, guy  who has mazda mini truck is working on a newer camaro and should be ready to take my 521 to shop at end of month

• Like 1

grimace is at paint shop and painter will get busy on it next week he will send me updates on it

• Like 1

well talked with the new painter today, well  the previous painter who i had work on my 521 back in 2017 only to find out he is a tweaker had did a shitty job, there are pin holes in the bondo and  thru out the whole body looks like he used to much hardener and now it all has to be stripped/removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

went to check out updates on my 521 with painter, looking good, should have it 2nd coat of primer and see where high/low spots to work on before its gets painted and clear coated and cut n buffed out. plus with the holidays and bad weather has made process a little slow but i have a surprise for everyone to see once its done. i am so stoked cant wait to get it back together and bring it to shows i hope to have it ready for the "Art of Noize" show in march here in phoenix

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 2

painter has been redoing the crappy work that the previous guy i paid to paint my truck

• Like 1